Bento Program Operations Analyst
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Bento is the premier provider of financial services products to small and medium businesses. We are looking for a Program Operations Analyst who will play a crucial role in ensuring that our customers are getting the most out of Bento’s services while contributing to the critical operational functions of the company.
You’ll help ensure the implementation of processes, policies, and technology meet customers’ needs and comply with bank requirements and regulations. You’ll work to identify process improvements that keep customers happy and allow us to serve them efficiently and painlessly while being a key player in preventing and minimizing risk and losses for the company.
You’ll be responsible for reviewing incoming business applications, identifying patterns and trends, and compiling actionable recommendations to the Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams. Successful execution of this process will have a very real and direct impact on Bento’s growth and revenue. Additionally, you’ll monitor high-risk and/or suspicious transactions and activity, taking appropriate actions to prevent and/or minimize losses for Bento and its customers. The company will look to you to make recommendations regarding loss avoidance and solutions to enhance processes and gain efficiencies.
You will have a chance to make a tremendous impact by joining at the ground level of a fast-growing company that intends to be the next big thing in payments and financial services.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Identify and investigate potentially fraudulent applications by leveraging identity verification tools and other third-party risk investigation tools
- Determine suspicious card activities on customers’ cards to minimize loss exposure to Bento’s card programs
- Independently identify and surface customer impacting issues that require in depth investigation and/or research
- Help build tools, policies, and processes to reduce financial exposure as well as improve the customer experience
- Create ad hoc and monthly analytical reports on chargebacks, fraud losses, fraud trends, and other related program metrics.
- Engage with Product, Engineering, and Customer Success/Support on improving the product and customer experience, and develop & support the operational processes that touch or support these teams’ initiatives
- Lead and contribute to special projects involving new features, technologies, and products aimed to reduce fraud or to maximize the overall card programs’ operational effectiveness.
- Liaise with Issuing Bank to ensure that the program is compliant with our agreements and regulatory requirements for monitoring, reporting, and dispute resolution
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Finance, Economics or related quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of progressively increased responsibility and experience in fraud or risk investigation/analyst roles is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly self-motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Must possess a positive attitude and resiliency in the face of adversity, be a strong team player, adaptable, and resourceful
- Highly organized, and independent thinking- must have the capacity to make decisions based on thorough analysis and self-directed trouble shooting and problem solving tactics
- Experience executing efficient and effective Fraud and AML monitoring programs is a plus
- Familiarity with KYC, CDD, GLBA, BSA, FinCEN CDD rules, and other Card and Bank compliance issues is a big plus.
- Understanding of chargeback rules and processing is also a plus
- Unlimited PTO & personal days
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Stock options for all employees