Watchmaker, Level II
Watchmakers | Anchorage, AK | Full Time
We have been in business for over 105 years and we are proud to be a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Ben Bridge Jeweler has seventy-five Ben Bridge Jeweler and PANDORA (Owned and Operated by Ben Bridge Jeweler) stores, across the United States and British Columbia. We are committed to serving our customers with a quality experience and jewelry that will be treasured for generations. Jewelry is more than just an adornment. It is a means of expression, love, personality and history. Its meaning only grows with time. We don’t sell to a customer just once; we want to be their jeweler for life!
Ben Bridge Sales Associates are energetic and committed to creating unforgettable moments that leave lasting memories. They are self-starters, who love jewelry and building lasting relationships. They work well independently and in small, close knit teams. Our Sales Associates show merchandise with enthusiasm and creativity.
Bilingual is a plus but not required.
- Able to perform technical repair and service on multiple brands according to guidelines established by brand
- Perform water resistance testing as well as replacement of all case gaskets as required
- Ensure repair work meets or exceeds brand quality standards
- Meet assigned service turnaround times
- Communicate job status updates to head watchmaker
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Experience in hairspring and escapement adjustment
- Able to perform diagnostics and servicing on both mechanical and quartz pieces
- Able to service Rolex calibers, 2130/35, 3000/35, 3130/35 and 2230/35
- Able to service common mechanical ETA calibers
- Able to work in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Detail oriented a must
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Successfully completed a Watchmaking program/school (2 year minimum) or relevant professional experience (6 to 9 years on the job experience)
- Watchmaker with SAWTA, WOSTEP, or CW21 or similar certification
- Level-30 Rolex Training
The full-time or part-time hourly schedule is designed to provide flex staffing during key events and peak selling times. You will be eligible for health and welfare benefits (provided you meet the minimum work requirement of 20 hours/week) in addition to sales bonus, monthly incentives and SPIFFs. Other benefits include employee merchandise discounts, paid training and paid time off, such as: vacation, holidays, bereavement and jury duty. Paid training includes certification from the Gemological Institute of America (following completion of one year service time). In addition to our medical, dental and vision insurance, Ben Bridge Jeweler also offers a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Ben Bridge Jeweler is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.