Store Service Assistant - Loose Diamonds
Merchandising | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We have been in business for 110 years and we are proud to be a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Ben Bridge Jeweler has thirty-six store locations across the United States. We are committed to serving our customers with quality jewelry that will be a memorable experience for generations. Jewelry is more than just an adornment. It is a means of expression, love, personality and history. Its meaning only grows with time. We don’t sell to a customer just once; we want to be their jeweler for life!
The primary focus of this position is to provide service and support to our Ben Bridge stores. This position requires collaboration with distribution department, buying department as well as our retail locations and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to emails and phone calls from our retail stores
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with store associates and vendor contacts
- Daily contact with suppliers/vendors to research pricing and specific product information
- Process returns, break outs and trade-ins
- Support the Loose Diamond with projects, including all aspects of inventory control and maintenance i.e., receiving and distributing; and merchandise returns
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Diamond knowledge preferred but not required
- Innate ability to multi task, prioritize and self-manage within strict timelines
- Demonstrate ability to be thorough and detailed-oriented
- Demonstrate analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility are key in this multi-faceted position
- Experience of the entire Microsoft Office Suite is preferred; this position will also use an IBM AS400 mainframe
As a full-time associate, you will be eligible for health and welfare benefits. Other benefits include employee merchandise discounts, paid training and paid time off, such as: vacation, holidays, bereavement and jury duty. Paid training includes certification from the Gemological Institute of America (following completion of one year service time). In addition to our medical, dental and vision insurance, Ben Bridge Jeweler also offers a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Ben Bridge Jeweler is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.