Store Service Assistant
Buyer | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We have been in business for over 105 years and we are proud to be a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Ben Bridge Jeweler has seventy-five Ben Bridge Jewelry and Pandora (Owned and Operated by Ben Bridge) stores across the United States and British Columbia. We are committed to serving our customers with quality jewelry that will be a memorable experience for generations. Jewelry is more than just an adornment. It is a means of expression, love, personality and history. Its meaning only grows with time. We don’t sell to a customer just once; we want to be their jeweler for life!
The primary focus of this position is to provide store service and support to our retail locations in all aspects of the Watch department. We manage a large selection of product and the position offers a unique opportunity to approach many different tasks within a broad category of merchandise. This position requires teamwork within the Watch Buying department, our Merchandising team as well as the Inventory and Distribution departments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily response to emails, faxes, and phone calls from our retail store locations
- Inter-branching, balancing of product and assisting in the management of the Watch department inventory
- Daily contact with suppliers/vendors to research pricing and specific product information
- Act as a support within the Watch department. Projects will include all aspects of inventory control and maintenance, IE: stock balancing, receiving, distributions; stock planning, pricing, memo/consignment maintenance and processing returns and trade-ins
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Innate ability to multi-task, prioritize and self-manage
- Thorough and detail oriented, with good problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility are key ingredients because the position is multi-faceted
- Expert level of the entire Microsoft suite is necessary, this position will also use an IBM AS400 mainframe
As a full-time associate, you will be eligible for health and welfare benefits. Other benefits include employee merchandise discounts, paid training and paid time off, such as: vacation, holidays, bereavement and jury duty. Paid training includes certification from the Gemological Institute of America (following completion of one year service time). In addition to our medical, dental and vision insurance, Ben Bridge Jeweler also offers a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Ben Bridge Jeweler is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.