Service Desk Technician I
IT | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We have been in business for 110 years and we are proud to be a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Ben Bridge Jeweler has over thirty-five Ben Bridge stores across the United States. We are committed to serving our customers with quality jewelry that will be a memorable experience for generations. Jewelry is more than just an adornment. It is a means of expression, love, personality and history. Its meaning only grows with time. We don’t sell to a customer just once; we want to be their jeweler for life!
A motivated, analytical, and innovative problem-solver who enjoys providing amazing customer experiences. Able to easily communicate with both executives and sales people, while always focusing on the customer. Have 1-2 years’ experience in a technology and customer service environment and are ready for a new challenge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for complex technical problems, then investigate, diagnose, and resolve incidents and requests in a timely manner; work cross-functionally with other support teams and Service Owners within IT for issues that cannot be resolved at the Service Desk
- Contribute to Problem Management and raise visibility for issues that impact the organization or have a high likelihood of reoccurring
- Provide end user support for remote technologies including laptops, mobile devices, and user-owned home office equipment
- Support the store environment by resolving issues with point of sale equipment and software
- Conduct layer one troubleshooting of networking devices
- Enforce security policy, but identify areas where policy conflicts with business needs and escalate
- Create/update process and procedural documentation for both new and existing technologies in the Service Desk Knowledge Base
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Customer service and technology support – Been there, done that
- You’re super-smart. Technical degree in a related field or equivalent work experience; certifications are a big plus
- Experience in a retail environment, supporting merchandising and POS
- Understanding of Active Directory and the Exchange environments and user administration within them
- A/V Nerd - Ability to troubleshoot video and audio issues with phones and video conferencing equipment
- Experience supporting iSeries AS/400 environments would be great, too
- Great communicator. Conveys information to diverse audiences, in a way that is easily understood and actionable; understands and works with the company mission, values, and goals in mind. Great at handling difficult or sensitive situations and confidential information
- Self-starter and people person! Works effectively with minimal supervision and takes direction well; team player with demonstrated effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment; supports coordination and cooperation among peers
- You’re a great juggler. Handle multiple issues, requests, and conversations at the same time. Able to type and talk simultaneously
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment. You’re ready for change and you embrace continuous improvement
- Getting physical - The ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function; ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally carry up to 25 pounds; sit and stand frequently while completing tasks; walk, climb, bend and kneel and crouch occasionally; and the ability to do frequent overhead and shoulder-level reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- You use great judgement!
As a full-time associate, you will be eligible for health and welfare benefits. Other benefits include employee merchandise discounts, paid training and paid time off, such as: vacation, holidays, bereavement and jury duty. Paid training includes certification from the Gemological Institute of America (following completion of one year service time). In addition to our medical, dental and vision insurance, Ben Bridge Jeweler also offers a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Ben Bridge Jeweler is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.