Senior Human Resources Manager
Human Resources | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We have been in business for 105 years and we are proud to be a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Ben Bridge Jeweler has seventy-five Ben Bridge Jewelry and Pandora (Owned and Operated by Ben Bridge) stores across the United States and British Columbia. We are committed to serving our customers with quality jewelry that will be a memorable experience for generations. Jewelry is more than just an adornment. It is a means of expression, love, personality and history. Its meaning only grows with time. We don’t sell to a customer just once; we want to be their jeweler for life!
The Senior Human Resource Manager, with operational and strategic opportunities, is crucial to the overall success of Ben Bridge Jeweler. It is responsible for implementing and guiding policy changes, helping to implement services and programs that are beneficial to associates and the Company, and helping to keep the Company in compliance with all Canada and U.S. multi-state, local and federal governmental regulations. This position reports directly to the Vice President of People Services (HR, Payroll, Training/Development) and partners with store and corporate managers and associates.
The position is full-time, a member of the Operations Committee, and located at the Corporate Office in Seattle, Washington. This position will work-from-home until the Governor declares Washington State is no longer in a state of emergency. Until that time, the position may be required to work in the office, when needed. Some travel but not during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Manage the daily operation of the HR Team, including the Corporate office front desk
- Oversee daily HR operations, i.e., hiring, onboarding, employee relations, compliance, compensation, benefits, recruitment, retention and recognition, coaching, and performance development
- Manage compensation planning and a pay for performance structure. Oversee wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rates and benefits
- Maintain compliance with Canadian/U.S. federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance; work with outside professionals on legal, compliance and/or benefits
- File employment information with the state for all direct hire and terminated associates and complete all Workers' Compensation filings, when necessary
- Develop and manage processes and programs for competitive recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of qualified top talent and difficult to fill positions, including further development of Company employment brand and manage recruiting agency
- Identify and implement best people and organizational practices to drive the development of a high performing, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Guide managers on disciplinary and compliance matters and assist associates with questions and/or concerns
- Advise on compliance issues such as equal employment, anti-sexual harassment, discrimination matters, etc.
- Function as first point-of-contact for complaints (i.e., Ethicspoint) and conduct investigations
- Projects, provide employment related reports, and other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field and minimum of 8 years of progressive Human Resources management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Practical knowledge of employment-related laws, including ADA, FMLA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, WAPFML, FFCRA, FLSA and EEO
- Practical experience in Canada and/or U.S. multi-state locations
- Progressive supervisory experience
- Experience in benefits and compensation programs administration
- Experience with competitive talent acquisition
- Ability to lead and drive change
- Initiative and ability to prioritize and to delegate
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Proven Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Proficiency with or the ability to learn the organization’s HRIS and other related systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
If interested send a required cover letter and resume.
As a full-time associate, you will be eligible for health and welfare benefits. Other benefits include employee merchandise discounts, paid training and paid time off, such as: vacation, holidays, bereavement and jury duty. Paid training includes certification from the Gemological Institute of America (following completion of one year service time). In addition to our medical, dental and vision insurance, Ben Bridge Jeweler also offers a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Ben Bridge Jeweler is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.