IT | Seattle, WA | Full Time
We have been in business for over 110 years and we are proud to be a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Ben Bridge Jeweler has more than thirty-five stores across the United States. We are committed to serving our customers with a quality experience and jewelry that will be treasured for generations. Jewelry is more than just an adornment. It is a means of expression, love, personality and history. Its meaning only grows with time. We don’t sell to a customer just once; we want to be their jeweler for life!
Who you are:
A motivated, analytical, and innovative problem-solver who enjoys providing solutions for critical business needs. Able to easily communicate with both executives and sales people, while always focusing on protecting the customer. Have 5+ years’ experience in securing a corporate technology environment, proactively safeguarding infrastructure including networks, servers, and clients. Enjoy working in an office environment, as this position is full-time onsite/hybrid remote in our corporate office in Seattle, WA.
Who we are:
A growing technology organization within a successful and driven retailer, with more than thirty-five stores in the US. More than 100 years old, but focused on the future. Committed to service, ethics, and excellence.
What you'll take on:
• Evangelize technology security within our retail infrastructure, but identify areas where policy conflicts with business needs and escalate; train team on proper security practices for server equipment, networks, accounts, and clients
• Serve as an escalation point for complex security problems, then investigate, diagnose, and resolve incidents and requests in a timely manner; monitor and report on the security of on premises and hosted solutions
• Compile data and perform analysis to identify trends; leverage data to drive change in the environment
• Support PCI DSS compliance program and other quarterly/annual audits
• Carry out all user, file, folder, and mailbox security administration, including onboarding, off boarding, and updates
• Coordinate daily operations of our managed SOC; communicate expectations and engage in continuous improvements
• Support systems administration, including deployment and configuration of network, server, client, and security appliance equipment when needed
• Create/update process and procedural documentation for both new and existing technologies in the Service Desk Knowledge Base
• Security administration, engineering, and support – Been there, done that
• You’re super-smart. Technical degree in a related field or equivalent work experience; certifications are a big plus
• Experience in a retail environment, supporting merchandising and POS. You’ve completed a PCI assessment at another retailer
• Deep understanding of security concepts and best practices and the ability to troubleshoot problems that arise; must be proficient in Active Directory and the Exchange Management Console; experience with Palo Alto, Meraki, and Cisco systems
• Risk adverse – You think through all situations and obsess about the safest route. You have experience designing and supporting efficient, effective, and secure environments. You get excited at just the mention of the word firewall. Penetration testing is what you do for fun
• Expert at Mobile Device Management and Bring Your Own Device programs. You’ve supported sustainable strategies, and have an understanding of industry best practices
• Great communicator. Conveys information to diverse audiences, in a way that is easily understood and actionable; understands and works with the company mission, values, and goals in mind. Great at handling difficult or sensitive situations and confidential information
• Self-starter and people person! Works effectively with minimal supervision and takes direction well; team player with demonstrated effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment; supports coordination and cooperation amongst peers
• You’re a great juggler. Handle multiple issues, requests, and conversations at the same time. Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment. You’re ready for change and you embrace continuous improvement
• You use great judgment!
As a full-time associate, you will be eligible for health and welfare benefits. Other benefits include employee merchandise discounts, paid training and paid time off, such as: vacation, holidays, bereavement and jury duty. Paid training includes certification from the Gemological Institute of America (following completion of one year service time). In addition to our medical, dental and vision insurance, Ben Bridge Jeweler also offers a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Ben Bridge Jeweler is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.