Office Assistant and Store Support
PANDORA (owned and operated by Ben Bridge Jeweler) Retail | Burnaby, BC, Canada | Full Time
We have been in business for 105 years and we are proud to be a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Ben Bridge Jeweler has seventy-five Ben Bridge Jewelry and Pandora (Owned and Operated by Ben Bridge) stores across the United States and British Columbia. We are committed to serving our customers with quality jewelry that will be a memorable experience for generations. Jewelry is more than just an adornment. It is a means of expression, love, personality and history. Its meaning only grows with time. We don’t sell to a customer just once; we want to be their jeweler for life!
We are looking for an office Assistant, who can assist with processing merchandise related tasks, as well as a team supporter in the store front during peak hours.
- Process incoming and outgoing store merchandise.
- Update display according to visual merchandising guideline.
- Arrange weekly shipment.
- Operate POS system and processing basic transactions.
- Handle cash and deposit.
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner.
- Manage filing system.
- Assist customers as a door greeter.
- Update paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
- Help to organize and maintain filing and storage systems in the office, store front and the storage.
- Perform general office clerk duties and errands.
- Read and route incoming mail and process outgoing mail.
- Coordinate monthly and annual inventory count.
- Maintain store supply inventory.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks.
- Data entry – must be highly accurate
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Manage flexible work schedule.
- Work independently and on a team.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail
The full-time hourly schedule is designed to provide flex staffing during key events and peak selling times. You will be eligible for health and welfare benefits (provided you meet the minimum work requirement of 20 hours/week). Other benefits include employee merchandise discounts, paid training and paid time off, such as: vacation, holidays, bereavement and jury duty. Paid training includes certification from the Gemological Institute of America (following completion of one year service time). In addition to our medical, dental and vision insurance, Ben Bridge Jeweler also offers a RRSP plan with a company match.
Ben Bridge Jeweler is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law.