Manager of Data Evaluation and Reporting
Information technology | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
This full-time position performs a variety of technical and administrative functions related to programmatic and regional evaluation, including managing the development, analysis, and internal and external reporting of organizational data. The candidate must be accomplished with data analytics, collaboration across teams/departments, alignment of processes, and evaluation of outcomes. This role serves as a technical consultant to internal and external stakeholders on data-related activities and issues and supports data-informed innovative initiatives and planning efforts to help realize the mission and vision of Behavioral Health Network (BHN). This position provides oversight to a team to include a Data Analyst and Project Specialist.
BHN is a non-profit collaborative effort of providers, advocacy organizations, government leaders and community members dedicated to developing an accessible and coordinated system of behavioral healthcare throughout the eastern region of Missouri, with emphasis on services to the uninsured and underinsured citizens of St. Louis City and the Missouri counties of Franklin Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, St. Louis and Warren. BHN is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents the communities we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage overall and day-to-day organizational implementation of primary data platform, Efforts-To-Outcomes (ETO). ETO is a customizable, web-based, performance management software that Behavioral Health Network uses to track data on all of its clients including demographic information, services rendered, and outcomes achieved. This includes engagement with data across all BHN-stewarded programs throughout the data life cycle.
- Develop, implement, and monitor evaluation-related processes, procedures, and policies for the purpose of implementing initiatives consistent with grant approach, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Develop and oversee maintenance of data collection forms, tools, guidelines, and related trainings.
- Manage organizational data security and compliance. Maintain records concerning evaluation and research activities. Inform and manage data efforts and reports and track timelines.
- Collaborate with organizational leadership to determine what data are necessary to measure outcomes critical to the organization and how the data should be reviewed, analyzed and acted upon on a regular basis. Collaborate with program staff to identify needed database elements and enhancements and to translate user needs into technical solutions. Continually review structure of the database to ensure it serves the purpose intended for capturing and reporting data.
- Conduct analyses and prepare reports and visualizations/dashboards to support monitoring of progress achievement of goals across the agency and programmatic improvement. Serve as primary data manager and analyst for Adult Emergency Room Enhancement and Hospital Community Linkages Inpatient programs, as well as special data initiatives. Identify and present opportunities for improvement based upon data. Support data-driven, rapid-cycle improvement processes regarding initiative interventions.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the external and internal team to foster positive relationships. Process incoming and outgoing communications in a timely manner. Provide data and evaluation- related technical, analytical, and educational support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify resources and produce data reports, dashboards and visualizations that outline key behavioral health information from public data and/or secondary datasets that can be utilized by stakeholders to make decisions and raise awareness of community behavioral health needs.
- Assist in agency-wide strategic plan documents and ongoing reporting of progress to stakeholders. Provide research and support to strengthen grant applications; Assist in writing grants and managing grant outcomes.
- Provide oversight and support to data focused BHN staff who support agency data infrastructure.
- Create high level documents/infographics and community reports to be utilized for advocacy and to showcase the programmatic and data driven outcomes of strategic initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in public health informatics, data science, economics, healthcare, business or related field. Other degrees will be considered with significant experience in managing and utilizing data for planning and/or project or program management. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in healthcare analytics; supporting business decisions through reporting and analytics; experience working with claims or performing cost analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in utilizing data and evaluation methods for planning and/or project or program management.
- Demonstrated ability and experience managing, analyzing, and reporting on/visualizing data to support decision making. Applicant must be familiar with analytic and statistical software platforms and utilizing infographics and other tools for community shared documents.
- Superior organizational and written and oral communication skills. Comfortable making public presentations and strong interpersonal skills. Evidence of initiative and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, as well as PowerPoint and Word. Applicant must be extremely comfortable in working with Microsoft Teams, Zoom and related communications technology.
- Strong customer service sensibility.
- Experience in creating reports, projections models, and presentations using infographics; ability to synthesize information.
- Strong ability to analyze data, succinctly summarize and articulate meaningful conclusions and translate data into stories through dashboards, power point.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in utilizing statistical analysis and analytics tools, particularly R and Tableau.
- Significant experience in presenting data to a variety of audiences in written and verbal formats, such as infographics, grant reports, etc.
- Working knowledge of the behavioral health field, public health safety net and service delivery systems and stakeholders. Experience working on a project which addresses the needs of complex patients (high cost, patients with behavioral health and other co-morbid diagnosis).
- Experience coordinating a multi-agency collaborative initiative.
- Experience preparing data sets or conducting healthcare cost analysis to demonstrate return on investment. (ROI)
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.