Information Management | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
The Behavioral Health Network of Greater St. Louis (BHN) is seeking a Data Analyst
BHN is a collaborative effort of providers, advocacy organizations, government leaders and community members dedicated to developing an accessible and coordinated system of behavioral healthcare throughout the eastern region of Missouri, with emphasis on services to the uninsured and underinsured citizens of St. Louis City and the Missouri counties of Franklin Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, St. Louis and Warren. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents the communities we serve.
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Analyst will perform a variety of technical, administrative, and computer support functions related to Efforts to Outcome (ETO) software and other data sets, including accurately validating comprehensive project data, managing the development of tracking components, analyzing data, creating and maintaining internal and external reports, as well as offering technical support to multiple external providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets to BHN staff and stakeholders.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports for stakeholders on key projects.
- Produce and maintain dashboards based on key program metrics.
- Perform regular data cleaning and, in coordination with program staff, provide technical assistance to partners to better ensure completeness and accuracy of ETO data to support programmatic improvement and achievement of goals across the agency.
- Provides technical, analytical, and educational support to providers to ensure positive patient outcomes and operational efficiency.
- Maintain the ETO database and collaborate with program staff to identify and implement enhancements based on user feedback and programmatic needs.
- Identify resources and create briefs that outline key behavioral health facts and findings that can be utilized by stakeholders to make decisions and raise awareness of community behavioral health needs.
- Assist in the development of brochures, marketing materials, and newsletters to communicate the progress of projects coordinated by BHN to external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or in a related field is required; 2 to 4 years of related experience working with data and tracking outcome metrics, preferably in the social services/healthcare sector, is strongly preferred. Knowledge of and experience with databases is required; knowledge of ETO software is a strong plus. Familiarity with statistical software (R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc.) is preferred; experience with coding in R is a plus. Experience with reporting and data visualization software (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) is strongly preferred. Experience with page layout and design desktop publishing software (InDesign, Publisher, etc.) is also preferred. Strong problem-solving and organizational skills are a must, as are excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong customer service sensibility is required. Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- Needs to be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets and machinery.
- Environmentally controlled office environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license (with no more than 2 points on the record) and current insurance.
- Required ability to drive to and from meetings in the 7-County region represented by BHN.