Client Engagement Specialist
Behavioral Health / Substance Use | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Title: Client Engagement Specialist
Project: Engaging Patients in Care Coordination (EPICC)
Reports to: Project Manager
Job Summary: The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing community-based outreach services for individuals who are diagnosed with opioid use disorder who are engaged in the Engaging Patients in Care Coordination (EPICC) Project. Responsible for assisting consumers in engaging in the project, and participating in services, and retaining participants through consistent engagement in treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop client retention strategy for all assigned clients.
- Identify and approve clients for participation in the project based on assessed needs;
- Tracks clients engaged in the project to identify dates of initial engagement, admission, and discharge from the program.
- Assist client and staff in overcoming barriers through addressing conflicts and obstacles which threaten program completion.
- Participate in treatment planning, clinical staffing, interagency team meetings, and stakeholder/steering committee meetings, providing feedback on all pertinent cases.
- Document all the services provided in accordance with established agency policies.
- Represent the agency in a professional manner in the community.
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with referral sources.
- Handle crisis situations as they arise
- Assist assigned clients in meeting identified needs in conjunction with the clients’ treatment plan.
- Provide appropriate assistance for clients in need of medical services.
- It is projected that 20 hours per week will be spent engaging/outreaching clients in the community, including home visits.
- Arrange and refer client for services and resources, including transportation services when appropriate.
- Demonstrates interest in long term and short-term goals and objectives of the company.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator, Project Manager and/or Chief Executive Officer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of case management and rehabilitation methods, principles and techniques as they relate to substance abuse treatment services.
- Knowledge of the problems encountered by persons with substance abuse disorders and how to access the various community resources available.
- Knowledge of the methods and modalities related to treating substance abuse disorders.
- Experience managing data and working across multiple software platforms (e.g. Excel, Access) for data input and database management.
- Capable of communicating ideas clearly and effectively verbally and in writing to produce clear and concise reports.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling, psychology or closely related field; OR
- Has at least two (2) years relevant, qualifying full-time equivalent experience in human service delivery and demonstrates skills in developing positive and productive client relationships and the ability to negotiate complex service systems to obtain needed services and resources for clients
- Must provide evidence that incumbent is free of infectious and contagious disease, such as TB, prior to beginning employment and annually thereafter.
- Successful completion of the Criminal Record and Child Abuse & Neglect Background check 9 CSR 10-5.190 prior to beginning employment.
- Completion of New Hire Orientation within 30 Days of employment.