Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Clinical | Port Saint Lucie, FL | Full Time and Part Time
Behavioral Family Solutions, LLC impacts countless lives across South Florida by providing industry leading in-home, onsite or community-based ABA Therapy and Mental Health services. Behavioral Family Solutions, LLC is positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted providers of ABA & Mental Health services. We strive to condense the patient care cycle, allowing for strong physician relationships and better client experiences. We are changing the face of ABA Therapy and Mental Health Care services while improving patient outcomes one relationship at a time.
Expectation for Success:
A successful RBT shows enthusiasm for the field of ABA and how their role impacts the lives of children from the ages of 18 months to 18 years old. The RBT will be comfortable with their skills in reducing problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan while taking contemporaneous data. Your interaction with children and their families is purely an ethical one, maintaining boundaries while keeping open communication through your BCBA and the family.
A Day in the Life:
RBT’s create a fun and motivational environment and gathers their materials to be used in session which helps to fully engage their learner in discrete trial sets of skill acquisitions while taking data. You will also work to decrease maladaptive behaviors. This is done within daily sessions which last up to six hours in length. You will use technology to take data through an application on your phone or tablet. Once each session with your client is complete, you will type comprehensive notes detailing your session and any outcomes. You may refer to the portal to review the programs your analyst has created so that you know what you’re working on with your learner for that day. Once your learner has obtained mastery level of the skill, you will conduct maintenance probes of the skill for retention, while also introducing new skills. RBT’s may work on an array of skills from developmentally appropriate skills to socially acceptable skills. Your supervisor will observe you in sessions and answer any questions you may have or provide you with feedback.
The RBT is a paraprofessional who practices under the close supervision of an Analyst. The RBT’s primary responsibility is the direct implementation of behavior analytic services. The mission of the Behavior Technician is to produce socially-significant behavior improvement that meets regulatory standards applicable to behavior analysis in an ethical manner that meet the needs of the client(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects reduction behavior data throughout session (baseline or treatment).
- Implements reduction interventions correctly.
- Issues correct SDs across programs.
- Uses correct schedule of reinforcement across programs.
- Reinforces correct operants in accordance to programming.
- Uses correct error correction procedure across programs.
- Uses correct response prompt according to objectives across programs.
- Collects acquisition data immediately.
- Intersperse when necessary (including maintenance probes).
- Runs all programs at least once a week.
- Uses reinforcement breaks appropriately (e.g., pairing trials, vary reinforcers and sampling reinforcers when necessary).
- Debriefs caregiver(s) on session and follow through with any parent training procedures (appropriate to their position).
- Demonstrates professionalism (e.g., calls analyst/parent in advance of cancellation or tardiness, maintains a positive attitude).
- Graphs data in the portal and seeks assistance from their analyst when necessary.
- Prepares individual supervision form bi-weekly.
- Completes daily progress notes on each client by specified deadline.
- Submits time sheets by specified deadline.
- Complete authorized therapy hours per client.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Board Certified by the BACB with the Registered Behavior Technician RBT credential.
- High School diploma, with one or more years’ experience providing direct services to recipients with mental health disorders, developmental or intellectual disabilities
- Documented certifications of in-services in the treatment of mental health, developmental or intellectual disabilities, recipient’s rights, crisis management strategies, and confidentiality.
- Must be fluent in English, bilingual preferred.
General Job Requirements:
- Reliable transportation
- Access to a smart phone and computer
- Proof of auto insurance liability coverage
- Active Medicaid provider ID (optional)
- Ability to drive to multiple locations daily
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to maintain a clean criminal background and clean driver license.
- Ability to use technology (computer, scanner, tablet, phone)
Our Outstanding Benefits:
- W2 employment paid bi-weekly
- Direct Deposit
- Supervision provided at no cost to the RBT
- Travel time pay
- Overtime pay
- Immediate eligibility for health, dental, vision benefits, supplemental benefits and 401K
- Paid training
- Select Paid Holidays
- Ongoing training/ CEU’s
- Continuing education discounts at Universities
- Flexible and rewarding career with PT/FT available
- Approved practicum site of FIT, Nova and Purdue Universities
- We pair you with clients
- Use of our sensory, observation, and group therapy rooms
Behavioral Family Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.