Intake Coordinator (Temp)
Administration | Miami, FL | Full Time and Temporary
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION - APRIL 2021 through JULY 2021
Possibility of temporary to permanent position dependent on organizational growth, and contingent upon employee performance during the temporary timeframe.
Summary / Objective
The mission of the Intake Coordinator is to ensure outstanding customer service skills are utilized when processing a client intake and connecting cases with the necessary qualified professional. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for following up with possible leads and assigning the cases in a timely manner. In addition, the incumbent will use various modes of communication to gather the necessary paperwork and will contact the payers involved for verification of benefits. This role requires frequent engagement and interaction (both verbal and written) with clients, employees and payer groups.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- First point of contact during the initial intake process.
- Conducts interview by obtaining documents such as Doctor’s prescriptions, previous assessments, and patient demographic.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of patient information requested; confirms all supporting documents are present and enters client demographic and general information into our database.
- Updates changes in patient information in the database, as needed.
- Completes verification of patient insurance eligibility.
- Interacts with referral sources to ensure timely and effective service delivery to the client.
- Communicates with admin staff and clinician of any pertinent information about referrals.
- Completes all administrative functions associated with referral activities and ensures that referrals are addressed in a timely manner by completing status updates.
- Uses the internal database to track notes of pending actions.
- Educates clients regarding the services and what’s to be expected.
- Responds to patient inquires in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicates with Staff to assign cases for initial assessments and services and make changes when cases are being transferred.
- Once a case needs assignment, pairs the client with the Staff.
- Monitors caseload and reports needs to Executive Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Customer Focus- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication - Ability to communicate and express ideas.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One or more years as a patient coordinator in a clinical setting or other customer service related experience.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- Data entry- ability, interpret and analyze data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Behavioral Family Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.