VP, Digital Distribution
Business Development | New York, NY | Full Time
VP, Digital Distribution
This digital executive is a critical hire who will lead Bedrocket’s efforts to grow distribution as a global, cross-platform content company through existing and new distribution outlets. This individual must be experienced in initiating, structuring and negotiating partnerships with web publishers, emerging video platforms and other off-web distribution outlets such as live events.
In leading Bedrocket’s distribution efforts, creativity, business development and analytical acumen are highly prized. This executive will also oversee our paid media optimization efforts. You will need to have creative insights and be able to collaborate with our programming team to pitch new programming ideas or offshoots for distribution partners interested in custom programming. You will also work closely with cross-functional departments to manage all aspects of audience development, including distribution deals, sponsorship packaging, content and product positioning, and creative development.
If you are an expert with digital deal-making and audience growth, concept development, and performance campaigns, love working in a creative and collaborative environment, have experience working across the media and entertainment landscape, and have the skills to craft the most creative distribution deals and partnerships, we want to hear from you!
- Develop digital distribution plans and deals for Bedrocket owned media properties.
- Evaluate and create strategies for programming across emerging video distribution platform.
- Develop, analyze, and execute paid audience optimization efforts.
- Make driving audience and engagement of Bedrocket content a reliable, repeatable, predictable effort based on a complementary combination of creative efforts and quantitative analysis.
- Work closely with the business development, programming and marketing teams to create digital distribution plans on and off of YouTube.
- Create and grow existing relationships with distribution partners including publishers, multi channel networks, and media networks.
- 8+ years business development/partnership/digital strategy experience for leading media distribution efforts.
- Proven track record of initiating and negotiating distribution deals with external partners.
- Acumen in digital and social realm.
- Performance marketing expertise.
- History of innovation and creativity.
- Love for data-driven results and an understanding of the limits of market research.
- Track record of leadership.
- Passion for media and entertainment; interest in pop culture.
- Ability to recruit and mentor team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
Come work with us!
- We offer competitive salary, health benefits (medical, dental, vision), and equity
- Laid-back environment: jeans, plaid, t-shirts, you get the gist
- Bring your dog to work—they’ll love our wood floors
- Sunny window view overlooking the heart of SoHo and its endless food and bar options
- Friendly co-workers to geek out with
Bedrocket Media Ventures is a disruptive media startup looking to change the way people discover and consume great entertainment in the cloud. Our platforms are not only revolutionizing the way entertainment is created and distributed, we’re also inventing new forms of interactive programming that will drive the future of video storytelling. We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed company that was founded by the co-founder of Huffington Post and the founder of multiple successful cable networks, and we’re building a radical team of creative thinkers and expert doers who are passionate about pioneering a truly new model for media.
Bedrocket is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to [[redacted]]. No recruiters, please.