Software Developer-Ruby on Rails (Contract or Full Time)
Web Development | New York, NY | Full Time and Contract
Bedrocket Media Ventures is a disruptive media startup looking to change the way people discover and consume great entertainment in the cloud. Our platforms are not only revolutionizing the way entertainment is created and distributed, we’re also inventing new forms of interactive programming that will drive the future of video storytelling. We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed company that was founded by the co-founder of Huffington Post and the founder of multiple successful cable networks, and we’re building a radical team of creative thinkers and expert doers who are passionate about pioneering a truly new model for media.
An experienced Ruby on Rails developer with strong back end capabilities who’s eager to join an innovative product team that emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration, and pushing the envelope with features. You’ll work closely with our small team of developers and UX team in an agile environment. As we grow our list of exciting new products, you’ll be encouraged to participate in product sessions and have a valuable role in this growing start-up organization.
Skills & requirements:
- 4+ years experience developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Responsible for implementation, customization, and integration efforts, including APIs
- Solid object-oriented design skills and knowledge of application architecture patterns
- Work well in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment)
- Identify and define integration points with third-party solutions (analytics, libraries, etc.)
- Clear, effective, and proactive communication skills
Come work with us!
- Contract or Full-Time
- Work remotely from the comfort of your home, with monthly travel to New York City.
- Relocation assistance if you decide you love New York
- Competitive pay, with health benefits (medical, dental, vision) and equity for fulltime employees
- Best available hardware just for you
- Laid-back environment: jeans, plaid, t-shirts, you get the gist
- Flexible work hours, friendly co-workers to geek out with