Live Events Specialist
Business Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Who we are:
Sportsrocket is a New York based company that is working to give sports fans access to live games and events, highlights, and shows, whenever they want, wherever they are, however they consume video. The company works with leading leagues, publishers, and rights-holders, including Big Ten Network, the PGA Tour, Scout Media, and AS Roma, to create and power customized OTT platforms. Incubated by Bedrocket Media Ventures, Sportsrocket's innovative approach is based on a proprietary sports media operating system, that offers an integrated solution for the production, distribution, management and monetization of sports media across all platforms. Founded by sports entrepreneur Brian Bedol, who previously co-founded Classic Sports Network (now known as ESPN Classic) and College Sports Television (CSTV), Sportsrocket aims to become The Power Behind the Game. www.sportsrocket.com
Who you are:
● A sports FANATIC looking for a fast paced, high growth opportunity
● Bachelor's level education or above.
● Solid experience working in a client facing role.
● Expert written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills.
● A strong understanding of web technologies and how the digital ecosystem is evolving.
● Experience with live streaming and video encoding technology a plus
● Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, content management and social media platforms.
What you’ll do
● Reporting to the Director of Partner Services based out of our NYC office, you will be the first point of contact for our growing list of customers which include top tier sports leagues and teams.
● Part-time hourly position with potential to grow into a full time role (6 month commitment)
● Work as part of a digital operations team supporting partners and fans during live events
which primarily take place during nights and weekends.
● Troubleshoot live streaming connectivity and playback issues and work directly with
customers to ensure a good experience
● Work closely with the billing, dev ops and and product management teams to ensure the
success of all events.
● Willing to work a flexible schedule, most events are evenings and weekends.
What we provide:
● Part time role
● Work from our Soho NYC office; snacks included!
● Competitive pay, with health benefits (medical, dental, vision) and equity for full-time employees
● Laid-back environment: jeans, plaid, t-shirts, you get the gist
● Friendly co-workers to geek out with
● Bring your dog to our NYC office
Sportsrocket is an equal opportunity employer.