Bilingual Human Resource Manager
Human Resources | Port Reading, NJ | Full Time
Bed Bath & Beyond is searching for a talented and motivated bilingual HR Manager to serve our Carteret, NJ location. In this important leadership role, the Human Resources Manager will work closely with the Operations Management team to establish a talented workforce and a positive, high performance work environment. The successful candidate will be one who does not “sit behind a desk,” rather he/she interacts on a daily basis with the associates on the fulfillment center floor. If you are a: leader, team player, professional, personable, trustworthy, agile, reliable, proactive, creative, up tempo, fair, unbiased, and results oriented than apply now
The HR Manager will be a key member of an experienced and established team and will be responsible for the timely and successful execution of a variety of programs and services. Working closely with the senior leadership team, the Manager will assist in maintaining a high performance work force within our well known culture of excellence in Supply Chain.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ of progressive generalist Human Resources experience at a management level; Warehouse environment highly desirable.
- Strong HR technical knowledge in legal compliance including state, local and federal laws, benefits, unemployment, and workers’ compensation.
- Strong skills in positive associate engagement. Creativity in planning and executing associate activities.
- BS/BA Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field; PHR/SPHR certification desired. MA/MS Degree a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Labor Relations, Investigation Skills and HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, HR compliance, unemployment, and worker’s compensation.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching managers on driving performance and development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and oral presentation.
- Adept at using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to operate HRIS and timekeeping software as required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with, and influence, senior management.
- Experienced in high volume, non-exempt staffing.
- Experienced with Benefits and Payroll administration
- Good business acumen and strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong internal customer service orientation; associate advocate.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Flexibility on shift schedule
- Our program of generous benefits includes:Our brand new benefits suite includes four medical plans, two dental plans, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA and a 401(k) with company match
- Year round associate discount of all the Bed Bath & Beyond chain of specialty stores (including buybuyBaby, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values) Paid Time Off program.