Studio BAYCAT | San Francisco, CA
Bayview Hunters Point Center for Arts and Technology
Part Time/Interim Full Time -- July - December
The Video Producer/Editor will manage and produce select BAYCAT client video projects. They will be the project lead, assembling the crew, the participants and any on-camera talent. The Video Producer/Editor is a values-driven individual with a strong commitment to our mission, and the desire to grow professionally. Also is someone who is organized and detailed-minded, customer-service oriented, a team player, and a quick learner who can take and give direction well.
AGENCY MISSION AND VISION
The mission of BAYCAT is to educate, empower and employ underserved youth and young adults to produce digital media that tells their unique stories and engages them to positively transform themselves, their communities and the world. BAYCAT believes every person’s story matters. We envision a world where media and technology facilitate the telling and the hearing of stories from the broadest possible range of experiences in a way that moves people to create positive change in their communities.
BAYCAT is a community media producer of San Francisco – developing messages by the people, for the people. A dynamic emerging social enterprise, BAYCAT educates, empowers, and employs. We offer free classes in film/TV production, audio/music production, animation, and graphic/web design, primarily to the youth and young adults in Bayview Hunters Point, historically one of the most underserved communities in the city. BAYCAT then hires our graduates through our enterprise arm, Studio BAYCAT, to produce professional marketing communication materials for clients that include businesses, government, local Bayview merchants and nonprofits. BAYCAT inspires young adults to stay in school and become lifelong learners, and empowers them to use the power of media and design to shape their communities. To learn more about BAYCAT, please visit www.baycat.org.
Reporting to the Media Director and the CEO, the Video Producer/Editor is responsible for:
· Producing select BAYCAT video projects
· Managing the post-production of select BAYCAT video projects, including hands-on editing, overseeing the music, motion graphics, titles and all final deliverables.
- Act as production lead for select video projects, including participating in client meetings and presentations, interpreting client needs, incorporating feedback, managing client expectations, determining creative direction, and managing all production activities.
- Create a budget and workplan based on details, objective and scope of project together with BAYCAT CEO.
- Manage project teams and production crew that include shooters, graphics designers, music creators, youth participants, multimedia contractors, Bayview community members and Studio BAYCAT interns.
- Prioritize and produce project work in a timely manner according to project deadlines.
- Manage, organize and archive project media according to BAYCAT’s standards and practices.
· Must have a passion and commitment to work with local underserved communities.
· Two years or more of successful and progressively responsible video production experience (documentary and narrative).
· A natural storyteller, able to quickly construct a compelling narrative from available footage.
· Detailed-minded with the ability to prioritize and project manage.
· Well connected to people and resources.
· A good problem solver, able to do a lot with a little.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Initiative and drive, ability to self-start.
· Proficient with DSLR video production equipment and workflow.
· Displays skills to create content with high production value.
· Excellent computer skills and tech-savvy aptitude with proficiency in Final Cut Studio and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Team player, who excels in nourishing collaborative processes.
· Commitment to personal and professional growth, and aligned with BAYCAT’s core values
- Physical ability to travel throughout San Francisco, and familiarity with the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood
- Motion graphics skills
- Experience living in or working with underserved communities
Please send cover letter, resume and URLs of your own work electronically by June 1st.
No phone calls please.
Only applicants who send resumes, cover letters and work examples will be considered.
Commensurate with experience and project scope.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All women, people of color, LGBTQ-identified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.