Office Manager - Front Desk
Operations | Berkeley, California | Full Time
BAS is currently seeking an Office Manager - Front Desk. This individual will perform a wide range of administrative support activities and is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency for the entire organization. The Office Manager will report to the CEO.
Time management: Roll with a sense of humor and expediency as your colleagues flock around you with conflicting demands. You should be naturally tenacious and driven.
Proactivity: Lots of people can check off tasks on a list, but can you anticipate issues before they snowball? Can you discover and introduce new efficiencies? Can you plan for the curve balls that might be coming your way? Do you like to dream up better ways to do things?
- Oversee all daily office functions ensuring the organization and staff have a satisfying work environment.
- Responsible for the Front Desk - greet visitors, answer questions from the team, and take inbound questions.
- Serve as the first point of contact to answer, screen and transfer incoming calls
- Be responsible for all vendor management which includes ordering equipment and supplies, stocking supplies and managing and monitoring service levels.
- Coordinate logistics and prepare meeting materials for meetings.
- Coordinate all catering for meetings and team lunches.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, briefing materials and presentations as needed.
- Provide event planning assistance as needed for Company events and staff activities such as brown bag luncheons, volunteer activities, social engagements and holiday celebrations.
- Maintain Office files and records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Executive Assistant to the CEO:
- Provide administrative support to the CEO in order to increase his availability and level responsibilities.
- Manage and maintain CEO’s calendar including scheduling appointments, internal/external meetings and conference calls.
- Coordinate CEO’s travel itineraries, flights, hotel accommodation, rental car and other travel needs.
- Complete Executive Team’s monthly expense reconciliation corporate credit card and out of pocket expenses.
- Secure appropriate signatures and track documents through the approval process
- Serve as a liaison for guest, vendors and internal staff at all levels.
- In everything, represent the Company with professionalism, kindness, and efficiency.
- Support other management staff on other projects as needed.
- 2-3 years of office administrative experience.
- Experience supporting an executive.
- Experience with travel arrangements and logistics management.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office and Adobe. (Google Suite knowledge is a must!)
- Attention to detail is a must as well as strong organizational skills.
- Human Resources and event planning experience highly desired.
- High level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people of all business levels.
- Understanding of project management and the skills needed to forecast and plan ahead.
- Effective interpersonal communication style particularly with Board members, executives and all level of the organization.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, team player, with good judgment and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Compensation: Full-time Non-Exempt, $20 per hour
BAS Research is California’s first licensed medical cannabis manufacturing and research group, dedicated to developing breakthrough pharmaceutical grade products. BAS provides a variety of services to clients, including formulation, C02 extraction, contract manufacturing, and packaging.BAS Research’s purpose is to enhance society and heal the world by manufacturing safe cannabis products that we trust to give to our families and clients. Our goal is to replace the negative social stigma associated with cannabis, with an all-natural, bio-nutraceutical approach.
With a focus on standardized dosing, products produced at BAS provide all of the potential medicinal benefits of cannabis, without the risks associated with the variations in the current marketplace. Standardized dosing, testing and research are the first step to confirming the effectiveness of medical marijuana. Cannabis entering the BAS facility is tested for potency using Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography and is sent to an independent third party laboratory for microbial and pesticide screening. Visit us: www.basresearch.com and check-out BAS Research featured on Dr. Oz Show