Laboratory Technician I
Research | Berkeley, California | Full Time
BAS Research is California’s first municipally licensed medicinal cannabis products manufacturer. Through industry leading technology and scientific applications, we are working to raise the quality standards in the cannabis industry. BAS Research is seeking a fulltime chemistry laboratory technician or entry level associate chemist.
Visit Us: www.basresearch.com and check-out BAS Research featured on Dr.Oz Show
A suitable candidate is either a graduate of an undergraduate chemistry program or has similar industry-specific experience in secondary processing. We are looking for an individual who is able to reliably prepare test samples by performing serial dilutions and to conduct other trainable laboratory procedures on laboratory equipment. The qualified candidate will be willing and able to interface well with other cannabis industry professionals in a production environment. Strict attention to detail, keeping of accurate laboratory records and measurements, and the ability to follow standard operating procedures and troubleshoot are necessary. Troubleshooting methods, processes, and instrumentation are desirable skills for the candidate, who is also expected to excel in a team environment and improve laboratory efficiency.
- Learn to conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Accurately take measurements, document work, and maintain laboratory records.
- Use laboratory equipment and learn how to use software appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Attends and participates in laboratory meetings.
- Plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Plan individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Meet project and production deadlines in collaboration with colleagues.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Valid and current California recommendation for cannabis from a qualified Physician required
- AAS Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- 2+ years of laboratory work or BS Degree in Chemistry preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic.
- Can work independently and thrives in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.