Laboratory Technician I
Research | Berkeley, California | Full Time
BAS Research is California’s first licensed cannabis manufacturing and research group, dedicated to developing breakthrough pharmaceutical grade products. BAS provides a variety of services to clients, including formulation, C02 extraction, contract manufacturing, and packaging. BAS Research’s purpose is to enhance society and heal the world by manufacturing safe cannabis products. Our goal is to replace the negative social stigma associated with cannabis, with an all-natural, bio-nutraceutical approach.
With a focus on standardized dosing, products produced at BAS provide all of the potential benefits of cannabis, without the risks associated with the variations in the current marketplace. Standardized dosing, testing, and research are the first step to confirming the effectiveness of Cannabis. Raw materials entering the BAS facility is tested for potency using Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography and is sent to an independent third party laboratory for microbial and pesticide screening.
Visit Us: www.basresearch.com, basinfused.com and check-out BAS Research featured on Dr.Oz Show
- Learn to conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Accurately take measurements, document work, and maintain laboratory records.
- Use laboratory equipment and learn how to use software appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Attends and participates in laboratory meetings.
- Plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Plan individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Meet project and production deadlines in collaboration with colleagues.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Valid and current California recommendation for cannabis from a qualified Physician required
- AAS Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- 2+ years of laboratory work or BS Degree in Chemistry preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic.
- Can work independently and thrives in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.