Grinding Technician I
Operations | Berkeley, California | Full Time
BAS Research is California’s first licensed medical cannabis manufacturing and research group, dedicated to developing breakthrough pharmaceutical grade products. BAS provides a variety of services to clients, including formulation, C02 extraction, contract manufacturing, and packaging.BAS Research’s purpose is to enhance society and heal the world by manufacturing safe cannabis products that we trust to give to our families and clients. Our goal is to replace the negative social stigma associated with cannabis, with an all-natural, bio-nutraceutical approach.
With a focus on standardized dosing, products produced at BAS provide all of the potential medicinal benefits of cannabis, without the risks associated with the variations in the current marketplace. Standardized dosing, testing and research are the first step to confirming the effectiveness of medical marijuana. Cannabis entering the BAS facility is tested for potency using Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography and is sent to an independent third party laboratory for microbial and pesticide screening.
Visit Us: www.basresearch.com and check-out BAS Research featured on Dr.Oz Show
● Learning all of the SOP’s to execute the grinding and decarboxylation of all plant materials in laboratory.
● Preparing equipment and parts for Grinding Department
● Cleaning and maintenance of grinding equipment.
● Maintaining strict records of all materials in the Grinding Department.
● Operating, maintaining, and making adjustments and repairs to grinding equipment as needed.
● Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed.
● Storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste according to guidelines, and keeping grinding department working areas immaculate.
● Performs 2qty Decarboxylation and 100 lbs of grinding per day.
● Follows the daily/weekly/monthly grinding and decarb schedules
● Maintains grinding/decarb schedules to meet production demands.
● Creates a daily and weekly equipment maintenance schedule and performs the equipment maintenance schedule.
● Trains other Grinding Technicians duties from the SOP’s.
● Use Team Gantt and Alpha Database as a daily end of day report to Management Team (Will be trained to use both databases).
● Reports directly to Director of Operations and CEO for all communications and tasks.
● Performs all of the responsibilities listed above.
● Provides a weekly report of what is needed in the Grinding Department, ordering, vacation requests, and any production WO issues.
● Upholds the highest level of professionalism and leadership.
Compensation: Full-time Non-Exempt, $15 per hour