Fulfillment Technician I
Operations | Berkeley, California | Full Time
BAS Research is California’s first licensed medical cannabis manufacturing and research group, dedicated to developing breakthrough pharmaceutical grade products. BAS provides a variety of services to clients, including formulation, C02 extraction, contract manufacturing, and packaging.BAS Research’s purpose is to enhance society and heal the world by manufacturing safe cannabis products that we trust to give to our families and clients. Our goal is to replace the negative social stigma associated with cannabis, with an all-natural, bio-nutraceutical approach.
With a focus on standardized dosing, products produced at BAS provide all of the potential medicinal benefits of cannabis, without the risks associated with the variations in the current marketplace. Standardized dosing, testing and research are the first step to confirming the effectiveness of medical marijuana. Cannabis entering the BAS facility is tested for potency using Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography and is sent to an independent third party laboratory for microbial and pesticide screening.
Visit Us: www.basresearch.com and check-out BAS Research featured on Dr.Oz Show
A Packaging Technician will be responsible for product packaging includes assembly line style manufacturing and filling. It requires the assembly of tiny parts by hand – as well as dispensing small amounts of liquids efficiently and accurately. Thus this person must be good with their hands. The skill set/ responsibilities include the following:
- Assembly line style manufacturing of tiny parts
- Can effectively use Microsoft Word and is generally computer proficient at a basic level
- Feels comfortable working with manufacturing style equipment/filling equipment
- Putting together packaging such as small boxes - and filling them
- Stuffing small pouches and packages
- Dispensing liquids into packages manually or by machine
- Cleaning spaces such as tables and floors
- Attention to detail but able to work quickly
- Other projects as they arise
The ideal candidate will already have experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1+ year of experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S.
- High school education