Extraction Technician I
Operations | Berkeley, California | Full Time
BAS Research is California’s first licensed medical cannabis manufacturing and research group, dedicated to developing breakthrough pharmaceutical grade products. BAS provides a variety of services to clients, including formulation, C02 extraction, contract manufacturing, and packaging.BAS Research’s purpose is to enhance society and heal the world by manufacturing safe cannabis products that we trust to give to our families and clients. Our goal is to replace the negative social stigma associated with cannabis, with an all-natural, bio-nutraceutical approach.
With a focus on standardized dosing, products produced at BAS provide all of the potential medicinal benefits of cannabis, without the risks associated with the variations in the current marketplace. Standardized dosing, testing and research are the first step to confirming the effectiveness of medical marijuana. Cannabis entering the BAS facility is tested for potency using Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography and is sent to an independent third party laboratory for microbial and pesticide screening.
Visit Us: www.basresearch.com and check-out BAS Research featured on Dr.Oz Show
- Preparing equipment and plant materials for extraction
- Operating highly sophisticated extraction equipment
- Processing concentrates and extracts
- Cleaning and maintenance of extraction equipment and laboratory facility.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory.
- Operating, maintaining, and making adjustments and repairs to laboratory equipment such as liquid chromatography systems, pumps, microscopes, balances, centrifuges, and other laboratory equipment
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste according to guidelines, and keeping laboratory, storerooms and working areas immaculate.
- Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware.
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, filing, and answering telephone inquiries.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Other duties as assign.
The qualified individual will have experience as an Extraction Technician with a background in either Cannabis or Organic and Inorganic Chemistry for medical purposes. Previous experience with oil extraction techniques and familiarity with CO2 extraction processes.
- 1+ years of experience with Supercritical Fluid Extraction in a Lab that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures, preferably a regulated field producing cannabis-infused, pharmaceutical or nutraceutical products.
- Experience with Extraction Purification and Analysis preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of medical marijuana law and medicinal benefits.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or its equivalent, from a recognized college or university, with a major in chemistry or a related field.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related field a plus.