Research | Berkeley, California | Full Time
BAS Research is California’s first licensed cannabis manufacturing and research group, dedicated to developing breakthrough pharmaceutical grade products. BAS provides a variety of services to clients, including formulation, C02 extraction, contract manufacturing, and packaging. BAS Research’s purpose is to enhance society and heal the world by manufacturing safe cannabis products. Our goal is to replace the negative social stigma associated with cannabis, with an all-natural, bio-nutraceutical approach.
With a focus on standardized dosing, products produced at BAS provide all of the potential benefits of cannabis, without the risks associated with the variations in the current marketplace. Standardized dosing, testing, and research are the first step to confirming the effectiveness of Cannabis. Raw materials entering the BAS facility is tested for potency using Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography and is sent to an independent third party laboratory for microbial and pesticide screening.
Visit Us: www.basresearch.com, basinfused.com and check-out BAS Research featured on Dr.Oz Show
- Conduct analytic tests on-site in a new state-of-the-art laboratory.
- Providing QA and QC functions to evaluate product quality and to meet or exceed any state requirements for testing.
- Development of analytical techniques; new methods.
- Interact with extraction personnel and customers to provide data and analytical support.
- Computer experience including Office and general database use.
- Ensure personal safety and safety of co-workers through proper use of personal protective equipment during sampling and testing activities.
- Other duties as assign.
- B.S. in Chemistry or equivalent (M.S. Chemistry preferred).
- 3 + years of laboratory technician experience.
- Analytical lab experience preferred.
- Experience in cannabis industry a plus.
- Experience with analytical equipment and other standard laboratory tests.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in spreadsheet, word processing, and database software.
- Excellent team skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must have computer skills, be a self-starter, understand analytical chemistry, and want to learn and advance.
- Ability to pass a background check.