Commercial Building Engineer (Multiple Locations)
Property Management | Reston, VA | Full Time
Our client, Boston Properties, is the largest owner of premier office buildings in the U.S. They have a large portfolio of high-end office buildings in the D.C. metro area and, due to growth and promotions, are looking for a number of Building Engineers in Reston, VA, D.C., and Chevy Chase, MD.
- You're the best at what you do.
- You have experience as a Maintenance Technician / Building Engineer including working knowledge of commercial office building systems.
- You have strong technical and problem-solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls and Building Automation Systems.
- You've done some training and certification in HVAC and other technologies relating to building engineering and/or you have equivalent job related training and experience.
- You enjoy working independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment and dealing effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects. (In other words, you are known for your ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities)
- You have used web based work order systems, such as Angus, Interwise, Energy Link or similar.
- You are willing to participate in a rotating on-call schedule for after hour calls required. You understand this may include working alternative schedules during on-call period (e.g. 7:00am – 3:30pm or 12:00pm – 8:30pm, etc.)
- You are grea with tenants and are known for your consistently positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
- You have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record (when required).
- You may even have the licenses(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment as required based on location.
About the Job:
- Our Engineering team maintains the integrity of all building systems, operates the buildings in an efficient manner, and performs and tracks a variety of tenant services all while maintaining world-class tenant relations.
- Boston Properties has great benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance - all of which start on date of hire.
- Boston Properties pays for and encourages training.
- Boston Properties pays for your time while you are training.
- Boston Properties provides tools, uniforms, and other equipment - no quibbling.
- At Boston Properties you'll work with a team as good as you are.