Senior Travel Consultant
Travel | London, England, United Kingdom | Full Time and Temporary
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris, Shanghai and New York, every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced travel consultant to join our growing travel team, handling and managing international enquiries for MICE, Business Travel and specialist group clients.
You will demonstrate a high level of negotiating skill and customer service by utilising your own experience in order to make recommendations and provide solutions to customer requirements. We require you to achieve effective problem solving, ensuring that our client has 100% satisfaction at all times.
- Answering calls and responding to emails from corporate and internal clients
- Booking flights, hotel, car hire, rail travel, private jets and other ancillary services
- Knowledge of worldwide published, nett and consolidator fares and fare rules
- Issuing tickets, exchanges and refunds and invoicing accordingly and accurately through Amadeus GDS
- Maintaining up to date records on all working files
- Preparing comprehensive flight analysis for destinations as requested by events teams
- Attending brainstorming and consult with event managers on destinations and infrastructure
- Managing group travel and charter queries for internal and external group clients
- Sourcing and negotiating group space as required by clients
- Managing group space to airline policies and deadlines, ensuring all processes are followed
- Effectively negotiating with clients and airlines to ensure the best solutions are achieved
- Event reconciliation upon completion of events
- Resolving accounting queries from clients, hotels, finance department and any airline ADM’s and refunds
- Attending client meetings as required
- Meet & greet of charters and group flights as necessary if required on site
- Assist in absence of Travel Director/Travel Operations Manager to liaise with senior management, clients, airlines, allocate work load
Background and skills required:
- Relevant travel industry experience, including business travel - sourcing flights, booking reservations and ticketing
- Good working knowledge and experience of Amadeus CRS (recently used)
- Preferred Group Travel experience
- Strong knowledge of UK & international destinations
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional customer service skills
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal clients
- Able to work independently, prioritise and manage daily workload
- Good keyboard and computer skills (Word, basic Excel and Outlook)
- Good knowledge of on-line booking systems (low-cost flights, Evolvi etc)
- Numeracy and accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and flexible team player
- Foreign languages preferred but not necessary
The role is full time and based in our London office in Kentish Town and will report to the Travel Director.
Occasional business travel will be required.
Attending industry events and supplier and client meetings
If you would like to be part of a friendly, successful and client focused company, we would like to hear from you.