US Country Director / Regional Director & GM - North America
US Office | New York, NY | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs. Banks Sadler was recently acquired by American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) and as part of the overall Meetings and Events strategy we plan to combine efforts in the Event Management space to maximise the client portfolio and drive value.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 500 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
Purpose of the Role
The Country Director will report to the Group CEO, and have overall responsibility for developing and implementing business growth strategy to achieve financial growth and other business performance objectives. Provide leadership to the commercial, operational, financial and business development of the US office.
- Strategic direction at a solution level and at a client portfolio level that drives client retention, revenue and profitability growth.
- Working with CEO/Group Sales Director to develop business to the US office
- Bring in new business
- Develop existing client accounts
- Oversee and manage pitches, proposals and tenders working alongside the solutions team
- Lead the response to RFIs and RFPs and check quality and creativity of all documentation going out of the office
- Full P&L responsibility for profitability and growth of the US office
- Setting and managing US office budget
- Generating monthly reports/ budget updates for the executive team
- Lead, recruit and train US team
- Attend client reviews and offer key account management to core clients
- Oversee all day to day general operations of the US office
- Setting and reviewing processes and procedures and ensuring adherence
Skills and background required:
- Extensive experience in the Events or other relevant industry experience
- Must have a relevant academic qualification (i.e. Bachelor's Degree in Business)
- Sound agency experience
- Experience of leading a team / business
- Experience of managing budgets, as well as handling complex reporting and MI for clients
- Sound commercial business experience
- Strong client facing and relationship management skills
- Enthusiastic team player with good communication skills
- Excellent business development skills and confident in sales presentations and pitches
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to provide strategic leadership and manage change
- Good networking capability within the business community
- Flexibility to work out of hours to resolve issues when required
The role will involve business travel within the US and occasional travel to other European offices.
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. This is a full time position based in our New York office. Salary dependent on experience, please let us know your expectations. No recruitment agencies please