Senior Project Manager
Events | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs. Banks Sadler was recently acquired by American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) and as part of the overall Meetings and Events strategy we plan to combine efforts in the Event Management space to maximise the client portfolio and drive value.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 500 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
An opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join a busy Account Team.
Reporting to the Account Team Manager and working closely with the team, the role will have overall responsibility for the high quality delivery of client events from initial proposal through to final reconciliation. The role will also cover support roles of larger projects working with the wider team.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the development of existing client relationships and should be someone that is able to work closely with current Event Project Directors/Managers, Project Co-ordinators, Registration Co-ordinators, our Venue Find team and key internal stakeholders, so relationship building is key.
- Management of day-to-day operation of projects and events, including :
- venue research
- client site visits
- design & print
- managing delegate registrations alone and/or alongside colleagues
- briefing of and liaison with production department / AV company
- client & delegate liaison
- liaison with hotel, ground agents, travel department, suppliers
- badging, delegate packs
- on-site staff arrangements
- reconciling all accounts
- Preparation of creative proposals to clients
- Participating in pitches to new clients – including presentations
- Management of complex event budgets, databases, etc
- Overseeing events based in the office (project co-ordination)
- Handling clients, presenting to clients and developing client relationships
- Supporting the project team, coaching and developing junior level members of the team
- Resourcing of project teams and allocating tasks and duties
- Checking teams work, taking new enquiries, trouble-shooting and ensuring internal processes and procedures are adhered to
- Any other tasks required by the Account Director and senior team members
- Please list what you need the person to do here. Try to make these tasks sound as interesting as possible.
- Previous relevant experience at project manager level within a similar role
- Agency experience is desirable, although not essential
- Proven experience in logistics and delegate management
- Experience of contributing to pitches – including excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of mentoring and developing more junior level employees
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Numerate and experienced at managing complex budgets, preparing spreadsheets, costings etc
- Able to work on own initiative and also as a key team member
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- A’ can do’ attitude and solution orientated
- Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Good keyboard and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Flexible about working long hours and weekends
- Willingness to travel in UK / overseas and spend time away from home at short notice
- Languages are not necessary, but would be helpful.
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. This is a full time position based in our London office. Salary dependent on experience. No recruitment agencies please