Senior Event Manager
Events | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
Purpose of the role:
An experienced Senior Project Manager with incentive background, you will report in to the Account Team Manager and work closely with the current Project Managers and Registration Coordinators, managing a variety of events, ranging from basic to the detailed & complex, both within the UK and overseas.
You will work with the Account Team Manager to provide leadership, direction and support to the events team, whilst maintaining motivation and enthusiasm. You will also be responsible for Account specific development of client relationships in order to maintain and increase business opportunities in line with the account and company strategic objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of day-to-day operation of complex projects and events, including:
- supporting the senior event management team on a variety of projects (roles will be defined depending on the project scope)
- pulling together destination feasibility studies
- assisting with DMC tenders
- venue research
- client site visits
- design & print
- managing delegate registrations alone and/or alongside colleagues
- briefing of and liaison with production department / AV company
- client & delegate liaison
- liaison with hotel, ground agents, travel department, suppliers
- badging, delegate packs
- on-site staff arrangements
- reconciling all accounts
- providing support to the team from an administrative perspective
- To lead a team working on larger projects including allocation of roles and overseeing work
- To build client relationships in general with a particular focus on one-two of the team’s accounts working closely with the relevant Account Director(s).
- To become the operational lead for said Account(s). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking all managerial responsibilities for the account save for staff allocation
- To assist in the management of internal and external resources to deliver portfolio of events
- Ensure SLAs are met at all times
- Oversee the launch & roll-out of new processes and procedures for relevant account(s) as and when required
- Lead, assist and participate in proposals, presentations and pitches relating the account(s)
- Problem solving with team, other departments and /or suppliers to ensure effective solutions and resolution
- Oversee large client budgets, prepare spreadsheets, costings, etc
- Gain approval and support through excellent inter-company and client communication skills
- Supporting the project team in general, coaching and developing junior level members of the team
- Any other tasks required by the Account Team Manager
- Relevant industry experience in a similar role
- Agency experience is desirable, although not essential
- Proven experience in logistics and delegate management in the context of an incentive program
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Experience of contributing to pitches – including excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of mentoring and developing more junior level employees
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Numerate and experienced at managing complex budgets, preparing spreadsheets, costings etc
- Able to work on own initiative and also as a key team member
- A’ can do’ attitude and solution orientated
- Good keyboard and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Languages are not necessary, but would be helpful.
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team, it would also be useful to know your availability and salary expectations in the first instance. This is a full time permanent position based in our London office. No recruitment agencies please!
We’re pretty big on company culture here at Banks Sadler, and like to pride ourselves on being a vibrant and friendly company to work for. We are always growing and looking for creative, passionate and talented people. In return we offer social committee activities, fresh fruit every week, wellness day every month and competitive salary, bonus and pension scheme to name just a few - we look after our people! So if you’re looking for your next step then we’d be delighted to hear from you.