Senior Account Coordinator - Venue Find
Venue Find | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
On a day to day basis the Senior Account Co-ordinator will research enquires, negotiate rates and added values, check contracts, monitor the client specific phone line and prepare quotations, confirmations and amendments.
They will have a good understanding of currencies, taxes and be highly skilled in client and supplier liaison.
All members of the team are responsible for constantly updating their knowledge of UK venues and are encouraged to attend familiarisation trips where possible.
As a senior member of the team, it may also be necessary to help guide new starters and junior staff as well as co-ordinate general venue updates, team presentations and familiarisation trips.
- Be the main day to day contact for taking the clients enquires
- Take on and manage complex events
- Prepare accurate venue quotations to be sent out to clients
- Prepare initial costings, deal with currencies, taxes & commissions
- Process confirmation, amendment and cancellation documents to be sent out the clients
- Understand and apply the correct client policies when booking an event on their behalf
- Coordinate and arrange site visits to view event space held
- Provide feedback on venues offered based on BSL experience and past events
- Deal with complaints at an intermediate level
- If required, process invoices & deposit requests in relation to Events – understand the bill-back process
- Provide guidance on contract terms & conditions prior to contract signature
- Advise clients in a consultative capacity and steer them through likely requirements
- Maintain regular, effective and appropriate liaison with clients at all times
- Drive compliance and maximise the use of client preferred hotels and rates where appropriate.
- Deliver tangible client cost savings in line with client SLA
- Develop a good knowledge on clients products and services
- Where needed produce more creative and visual PowerPoint proposals
- Research suitable venues and suppliers, especially unusual venues
- Excellent knowledge of both International hotel groups and independent hotels
- Negotiate with venues on rates, added value, deposits, commission levels and cancellation terms & conditions
- Address complaints at an intermediate level
- Constantly improve knowledge of venues
- Participate in and attend venue familiarisation trips, presentations and other industry events regularly
- Release any unwanted event space
- Contact venues and check availability and place space on a provisional hold
- Liaise with venues to ensure that a full event brief is given to maximise opportunities
- Ensure all event enquires are logged onto our database by following internal procedures
- Carry out any reasonable request made by the Team Manager
- Maintain up to date records on all working files
- Update client and supplier records where necessary
- Maximise client revenue by up selling other services that BSL offer
- Answer telephone calls with priority and to take and pass on messages as required
- Liaise with the Team Manager on a daily basis, to report on work in hand and its progress through the day
- Assist with brainstorming new & innovative event ideas
- Act in a supervisory role and mentor new and junior team members on all aspects of the role
- Be a main point of contact in the absence of TM
- Coordinate team activities e.g. fam trips / presentations / general updates
- Assist with reports as and when required
Skills and background required
- At least 2 - 3 years relevant experience in the industry
- Someone some event management / production knowledge and background would be desirable
- Excellent and proven negotiation skills
- Excellent UK venues knowledge
- Excellent keyboard and computer skills (Word, basic Excel and Outlook)
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication, numeracy and accuracy skills
- Solutions orientated with first class customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Team player, as well as able to work using own initiative
- Ability to follow set processes and procedures
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our venue find team.