Senior / Account Co-ordinator - Venue Find
Venue Find | York, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue sourcing, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
The Account Coordinator is responsible for handling all levels of enquiries for UK and international venues
On a day to day basis the Account Coordinator will research enquiries, negotiate rates and added values, check contracts, monitor the client specific phone line and prepare quotations, confirmations and amendments.
- Be the main day to day contact for taking the clients enquiries
- Take on and manage small to medium size events
- Prepare accurate venue quotations to be sent out to clients
- Prepare initial costings, deal with taxes & commissions
- Process confirmation, amendment and cancellation documents to be sent out the clients
- Understand and apply the correct client policies when booking an event on their behalf
- Coordinate and arrange site visits to view event space held
- Provide feedback on venues offered based on BSL experience and past events
- If required, process invoices & deposit requests in relation to Events – understand the billback process
- Provide guidance on contract terms & conditions prior to contract signature
- Advise clients in a consultative capacity and steer them through likely requirements
- Conduct pre & post events calls
- Maintain regular, effective and appropriate liaison with clients at all times
- Drive compliance and maximise the use of client preferred hotels and rates where appropriate.
- Deliver tangible client cost savings in line with SLA
- Research suitable venues
- Increase awareness of both hotel groups and independent hotels
- Negotiate with venues on rates, added value, deposits, commission levels and cancellation terms & conditions
- Address complaints at a basic level
- Learn and constantly improve knowledge of UK, Spanish & international venues
- Participate in and attend venue familiarisation trips, presentations
- Release any unwanted event space
- Contact venues and check availability and place space on a provisional hold
- Liaise with venues to ensure that a full event brief is given to maximise opportunities
- Ensure all event enquiries are logged onto our database by following internal procedures
- Carry out any reasonable request made by the Team Manager
- Maintain up to date records on all working files
- Update client and supplier records where necessary
- Maximise client revenue by up selling other services that BSL offer
- Answer telephone calls with priority and to take and pass on messages as required
- Liaise with the Team Manager on a daily basis, to report on work in hand and its progress through the day
- Assist with brainstorming new & innovative event ideas
Skills and background required include:
- Good level of education
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written English) skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be numerate and with good level of accuracy
- Team player, but capable of working on own initiative
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good keyboard and computer skills (Word, basic Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to follow set processes and work to deadline and targets
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Previous experience in events, event planning an advantage.
- This is a full time, permanent position based in our York office. To apply, please look at the job description above, send us your covering letter and CV, tell us your salary expectations and let us know why you would be a good fit for Banks Sadler.
- No recruitment agencies please, we've got this!
- We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme, matched contribution pension
- Open plan office located in York city centre with lots of natural daylight
- Excellent transport links by bus/train
- Our employees are able to take their lunch break in York centre, with easy access to retail outlets, banks and all local facilities
- Social committee activities, fresh fruit delivery every week, wellness day every month
- Working as a team and an opportunity to be part of a large global company