Project Co-ordinator - Events
Accenture | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
Reporting into the Account Team Manager, the main purpose of this role will be to coordinate the organisation of UK (London centric) events. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, hardworking and professional with a meticulous attention to detail.
As well as providing consultative direction to the client around event logistics, the Project Coordinator will have excellent supplier and venue knowledge and able to research, source, negotiate and contract suppliers (and on occasion venues) to fulfil client event requirements.
- Work with the team to identify planning requirements and complex enquiries
- Take on and manage complex events including researching suitable suppliers and venues
- Excellent knowledge of restaurants, catering, team building and AV suppliers as well as hotel chains and independent venues with continuous improvement
- Advise clients in a consultative capacity and steer them through likely requirements
- Join kick-off meetings to ascertain full brief and event requirements
- Prepare accurate supplier and venue quotations to be sent out to clients
- Prepare initial costings, deal with currencies, taxes & commissions and negotiate terms
- Process confirmation, amendment and cancellation documents
- Understand and apply the correct client policies / Procurement led strategies when booking an event on their behalf
- Coordinate and arrange site visits to view event space held
- Deal with complaints at an intermediate level
- Understand the bill-back process – chase venues for invoices following events, liaise with client and, once authorised, upload and work with Finance team to process (some bookings may involve deposits)
- Provide guidance on contract terms & conditions prior to contract signature
- Maintain regular, effective and appropriate liaison with clients always
- Drive compliance and maximise the use of client preferred suppliers and rates where appropriate
- Deliver tangible client cost savings in line with client SLA
- Develop a good knowledge on client structure / team responsibilities / market changes
- Where needed produce more creative and visual proposals via different platforms
- Where required support events onsite (limited demand and mainly London based)
- Carry out any reasonable request made by the Account Team Manager
Skills and background required
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience in the Events industry
- Excellent and proven negotiation skills
- Excellent UK (London centric) supplier and venue knowledge
- Excellent keyboard and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication, numeracy and accuracy skills
- Solutions orientated with first class customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Team player, as well as able to work using own initiative
- Ability to follow set processes and procedures
- Flexible about working long hours and occasional weekends (where required)
- Event management / production knowledge
- Onsite assistance or hostess experience
- Educated to degree level / professional qualification
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team, it would also be useful to know your availability and salary expectations in the first instance. This is a full time permanent position based in our London office. No recruitment agencies please!
We’re pretty big on company culture here at Banks Sadler, and like to pride ourselves on being a vibrant and friendly company to work for. We are always growing and looking for creative, passionate and talented people. In return we offer social committee activities, fresh fruit every week, wellness day every month and competitive salary, bonus and pension scheme to name just a few - we look after our people! So if you’re looking for your next step then we’d be delighted to hear from you.