Events Team Manager
Events | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
Purpose of the role
This is a senior role within one of our account teams, working closely with the Account Director to ensure consistent standards and to develop the growth of the account. Reporting to the Operations Director, the Account Team Manager has the responsibility of overseeing the event management team and ensuring that a high standard of work is maintained and client specific SLA’s are followed at all times. As well as working on events, the Team Manager is responsible for monitoring capacity levels within the team and delegating workloads, providing input and support, training and development of other team members as well as helping the Account Director with client presentations, preferred supplier or client reports, team reviews and supplier days.
Responsibilities will include:
- To build client relationships and oversee team managing events
- To build supplier relations and monitor performance for / and on behalf of the client/s
- Manage internal and external resources to deliver portfolio of events
- Main point of contact for clients & key stakeholders
- Problem solving with team, other departments and /or suppliers to ensure effective solutions and resolution
- To oversee and monitor event project progress through the team
- To monitor and maintain quality and adherence to processes, identifying and contributing to their improvement.
- At a senior level to be fully responsible for complex event budgets from conception through to reconciliation.
- To drive for excellence in customer service and quality delivery
- Deliver specific Client Account Mapping and strategic client development plans and activities
- To proactively develop and manage supplier relationships and to actively seek cost saving opportunities
- To work with our portfolio of clients and cross sell company products and practices.
- To represent the company (and the wider group) as and when necessary or appropriate
- Management of day-to-day operation of projects and events, including :
- venue research
- client site visits
- design & print
- managing delegate registrations alone and/or alongside colleagues
- briefing of and liaison with production department /AV company
- client & delegate liaison
- liaison with hotel, ground agents, travel department, suppliers
- badging, delegate packs
- on-site staff arrangements
- reconciling all accounts
- Preparation of proposals to clients
- Leading and participating in pitches to new clients – including presentations
- Management of complex event databases
- Handling clients, presenting to clients and developing client relationships
- Checking teams work, taking new enquiries , trouble-shooting and ensuring internal processes and procedures are adhered to
- Monitoring pharmaceutical developments and help with ABPI training
- Minimum of five years relevant experience with management responsibilities
- Educated to degree level/professional qualification desirable
- Agency experience is desirable, although not essential
- Proven experience in logistics and delegate management
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector is desirable
- Experience of leading and contributing to pitches – including excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of mentoring and developing more junior staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think at a strategic level
- Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Numerate and experienced at managing complex budgets, preparing spread sheets and costings
- Able to work on own initiative and also as a key team member
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- A’ can do’ attitude and solution orientated
- Good keyboard and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Languages are not necessary, but would be helpful.
- Excellent UK and overseas venue knowledge and a proven track record of managing events of all size.
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team, it would also be useful to know your availability and salary expectations in the first instance. This is a full time permanent position based in our London office. No recruitment agencies please!
We’re pretty big on company culture here at Banks Sadler, and like to pride ourselves on being a vibrant and friendly company to work for. We are always growing and looking for creative, passionate and talented people. In return we offer social committee activities, fresh fruit every week, wellness day every month and competitive salary, bonus and pension scheme to name just a few - we look after our people! So if you’re looking for your next step then we’d be delighted to hear from you.