Events | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travellers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 12,000 employees and operations in nearly 120 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimising the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveller care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionise the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Get ready to make impressions that will last.
Purpose of the role:
The Event Manager has the responsibility for the high quality delivery of client events. The majority of the events this role will manage will be smaller events, not requiring onsite assistance, but occasionally providing full event management for meetings from 50 – 200 delegates involving detailed travel arrangements and meeting logistical organisation. You will be experienced in event organisation with the ability to build timelines to precisely meet the event requirements and confidently communicate this to the client.
- To manage and support multiple client events including all aspects of event management
- Management of day to day operation of client projects including:
- Venue research
- Policy management
- Negotiation and management of suppliers
- Management of web based registration tools
- Site visits
- Occasional onsite management of events across UK and Ireland, from set up and pre arrivals to final closure
- Post event reconciliation in line with Disclosure of Payments regulations
- Use of web based technology for financial proposals, budget management and reporting
- Delivery of agreed SLA’S and outstanding quality
- Maintain a good understanding and knowledge of pharmaceutical compliance and industry regulations as well as event management methodologies, the changes in the meetings business and innovative venue solutions
- Communicate confidently amongst peers to share best practice and with internal and external suppliers
- Venue sourcing for meetings outside of a centralised meetings and events programme
- Achieve targeted financial results whilst delivering high quality events and demonstrate significant savings on client meeting spend.
- Financial management throughout the life cycle of an event.
- Planning, coordination, and execution of group air travel including any applicable transfers.
- Use resource efficiently and maximise productivity by utilising the relevant technology.
- Build basic web registration site with support of a web expert
- Undertake continuous self-development and training
- Work on own initiative and frequently in isolation away from office space
- Keep up to date on VAT regulations applicable in all markets and process and policy compliance.
Skills / Background required:
- Previous experience in event or meeting management with experience of working with the pharmaceutical industry
- Management of full end to end meetings up to 200 delegates
- Agency experience is desirable, although not essential
- Excellent organisational, management and communication skills
- Previous experience in client relationship and the ability to work in a team environment being adaptable to the changing demands of the client is essential.
- Proven negotiation skills and an understanding of the ability to effect win/win solutions
- Good knowledge of international venues and destinations
- Experience in maintaining key client and hotel and destination supplier relationships
- Knowledge of programme / event management and budget maintenance
- Ability to travel if needed and flexible about working long hours and weekends
- Proven prioritisation and time management skills as well as excellent attention to detail when working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to stay clam under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Meeting Event Management technology system experience preferred with an online sourcing tool i.e. Starcite
- Excellent computer skills in particular Microsoft packages and specifically excel
- Languages are useful, but not essential
This is a full time permanent position and can be based in either our London Canary Wharf office or onsite from the client’s offices in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for the position. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. Salary dependent on experience. No recruitment agencies please