DMC Project Manager
Events | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs. Banks Sadler was recently acquired by American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) and as part of the overall Meetings and Events strategy we plan to combine efforts in the Event Management space to maximise the client portfolio and drive value.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 500 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Account Team Manager and working closely with other members for the team, this position will involve managing a variety of events predominantly within the UK market.
The DMC Project Manager will have experience of organising a wide range of event types and the ability to multi-task at a fast pace. The role requires a can do attitude, an extensive UK venue/destination knowledge to draw on and an in depth understanding of ensuring consistency in our deliverance, SLAs are met and delivered on time and accurately.
Responsibilities will include:
Management of day-to-day operation of complex projects and events, including:
- taking the Initial brief
- venue sourcing
- preparation of client proposals
- client site visits (where necessary)
- supplier negotiation
- budgeting & reconciling all accounts
- client & supplier liaison (hotel, ground agents, travel department, ad hoc suppliers)
- managing event database (planning, registration)
- badging, and delegate packs
- on-site staff arrangements (if required)
- Experience in event management
- DMC experience desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the inbound market as a MICE destination
- Proven experience in logistics and delegate management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good keyboard and computer skills ( MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Numerate and experienced at managing budgets, preparing spreadsheets, costings, etc
- Able to work on own initiative and also as a key team member
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- A’ Can do’ attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Flexible about working long hours and weekends
- Willingness to travel in UK / overseas
- French / German languages desirable other languages useful
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. This is a full time position based in our London office. Salary dependent on experience. No recruitment agencies please