Events | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs. In 2017 Banks Sadler joined Amex GBT.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
This is a senior role within one of our account teams, working closely with on of our key clients, to oversee and deliver a programme of congresses from enquiry through to reconciliation. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Team Manager and Account Director to ensure consistency in our deliverance, SLAs are met and reporting is delivered on time and accurately.
The Congress Manager has extensive experience organising congresses as well as a range of other event types and the ability to multi-task at a fast pace each day. The role requires a can do attitude, an in-depth knowledge of the account an extensive UK and Overseas venue/destination knowledge to draw on and an in depth understanding of international pharmaceutical compliance.
- Oversee, manage and deliver the annual calendar of congresses for the client – approx. 30 per annum
- To be the operational lead for our key clients congress programme: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking all managerial responsibilities for the allocation and deliverance of congresses save for HR related issues (staff allocation, annual leave approval etc.)
- To manage in conjunction with the Team Manager internal and external resources to deliver the portfolio of congresses
- To assist with onsite delivery when required - travel can be global
- Design, oversee, launch & roll-out any new congress procedures as required by the client
- Lead on all initial congress enquiries to include full budgets and proposals
- Problem solving with the client, team, other departments and /or suppliers to ensure effective solutions and resolution
- To secure enhanced profit and achieve additional margins wherever possible
- To build supplier relations and monitor performance for / and on behalf of the client/s
- To assist the team manager to drive the team to hit client related targets
- Congress and other related BI event reporting
- To keep up to date with pharmaceutical compliance legislation and ensure adherence on every congress or project
- To reconcile every congress project working to strict timelines
- Subject to workload, other responsibilities may (from time to time) also include:
- To operate and deliver other events on the team, including onsite assistance
- Assist on presentations and proposals for pitches as required
- To build client relationships in general with a particular focus on the client account working closely with the Team Manager and Account Director.
- Checking and approving other team members’ work (linked to the client account)
- Educated to degree level/professional qualification or qualified by experience
- Agency experience is desirable, although not essential
- Proven experience in logistics and delegate management
- Experience in pharmaceutical sector is essential
- Experience of leading and contributing to pitches – including excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of mentoring and developing more junior level employees
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think at a strategic level
- Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Numerate and experienced at managing complex budgets, preparing spreadsheets, costings etc
- Able to work on own initiative and also as a key team member
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- A’ can do’ attitude and solution orientated
- Good keyboard and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
Languages are useful but not essential
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. This is a full time position based in our London office. Salary dependent on experience. No recruitment agencies please