Account Team Manager - Venue Sourcing
Venue Find | London, England, United Kingdom | Full Time
Positioned at the intersection of commerce and travel, American Express Global Business Travel offers its customers a comprehensive network, service dependability, and deep insight to help move people and businesses forward. American Express Global Business Travel provides leading travel solutions, integrated consulting services, proprietary research, and end-to-end meetings and events capabilities. These innovative offerings enable customers to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments.
American Express Global Business Travel is part of one of the world’s largest travel agency networks with locations in 139 countries worldwide.
With more than 40 years in the industry and a presence in over 50 countries, our Meetings & Events organization is uniquely positioned to manage meetings and events locally, regionally, and internationally. We plan meetings and events that help our clients achieve their business objectives, maximize savings opportunities, and gain greater visibility into their meetings and events activity and spend.
This role will be based at our offices in Canary Wharf.
This role is the main interface between the team, ensures smooth operations and processes as well constructive communication in terms of ensuring a high customer satisfaction. They represent the entire range of M&E services to assigned customers, while ensuring customers’ needs are met. This role is key for the M&E business, targeted to engage in a variety of tasks including project management and coordination, day to day operational management of the team, and liaison with Client Account Manager and Account Management Director (Banks Sadler)
The Account Manager creates a productive, motivating working environment, and works with the team to promote the achievement of the qualitative and quantitative targets of Meetings & Events
This role reports into the Client Account Manager
- Maximize revenues for the assigned portfolio
- Ensure the closing of customer dossiers within the deadline
- Controls and drives preferred supplier share shift and adoption Monitors the overall cost-effectiveness of the team, and makes sure that any possible cost reduction and cost avoidance measures are implemented
- Assigns event requests and projects to his team in order to achieve objectives. In addition to achieving content and time-related objectives, also takes the individual situation of individual employees into consideration
- Apply to travel and vacation policies Work together with Client Account Manager, Account Director (Banks Sadler) Amex M&E Global and Regional Account Managers where applicable
- Controls account receivables according to agreed customer payment terms and conditions
- Responsible for driving customer satisfaction by ensuring optimal client service and operational delivery
- Contributes to regular customer account reviews, in alignment with the Client Account Manager and Account Director (Banks Sadler)
- Takes responsibility for ensuring practices are relevant in terms of business management, and for complaint management.
- Exhibits outstanding negotiation skills in terms of contract, rates and client management
- Has extensive and in-depth knowledge of customer portfolio as well as the individual agreements, expectations, SLAs, policies, compliance regulations and KPI´s
- Has extensive product knowledge and ability to promote activity from Congress, Group Air, Travel to incentives
- Maintain high CSAT ratings – takes responsibility for meeting and exceeding customer expectations in the context of general and specific commitments (statements of work) with the respective customers, and handles any potential issues in an appropriate manner.
- Achieves sales target for the assigned group of customers
- Keeps a strong focus on deepening customer relationship
- Completes required training within the assigned timeframe and has commitment to ongoing training
- Provides the best possible environment in which his employees can work successfully, and represents the interests of his team internally as well externally
- Encourages the performance of team members. Provides regular feedback in conjunction with Client Account Manager. Balances recognition with constructive criticism and relates this to work performance and behaviour; acts proactively where improvements in work performance are required
- Supports the business orientation of Meetings & Events – successfully brings new employees on board, integrates them into working teams, provides efficient information and knowledge management in growing or changing teams
- Promotes and supports sustainable individual development; takes responsibility for incorporating new employees into the team
- Encourages, supports and coaches team members to develop their own approaches to solving problems, and to implement these approaches with the aim of exceeding customer expectations
- Exhibits outstanding team management skills and works continuously to establish a qualified team with a distinct team focus and spirit; works with the team to achieve excellent results
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the industry
- Strong commitment to developing and delivering customer focused service
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Business English, persuasive skills, decisiveness
- Other languages are a benefit to the role
- Ability to support change processes in his area of responsibility: personal willingness to embrace change in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to analyse problems (individual and team-level performance), and to effectively resolve these problems (problem-solving skills)
- Good personal organization and time management skills, capacity for continuous self-reflection
- Very good technical understanding and knowledge of the corporate management, controlling and other database applications (depending on the size and structure of the area of responsibility)
- Willingness to travel, e.g. customer visits, on-sites
This is a full time permanent position