Account Team Manager - Events
Venue Find | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
This is a senior role within one of our account teams, reporting to the Head of Venue Find Operations-UK and working closely with the Account Director to ensure consistent standards and to develop the business and growth of the account. The Account Team Manager has the responsibility of overseeing the venue sourcing and project coordination team, ensuring that a high standard of work is maintained and client specific SLA’s are followed always.
- Effective delegation of client enquiries and monitoring team capacity levels
- Day to day team management including resourcing, training and development of the team
- Take on and manage complex event enquiries
- Prepare and check accurate venue quotations, confirmations, amendments and cancellations to be sent to clients
- Understand and apply the correct client policies when booking an event on their behalf
- Provide feedback on venues offered and co-ordinate site visits if required
- Deal with complaints at an advanced level
- Oversee the processing of invoices and deposit requests in relation to Events – understand the bill-back process
- Provide guidance on contract terms and conditions prior to contract signature
- Advise clients in a consultative capacity and steer them through likely requirements
- Conduct post events calls
- Maintain regular, effective and appropriate liaison with clients always
- Drive compliance and maximise the use of client preferred hotels and rates where appropriate
- Deliver tangible client cost savings in line with SLA
- Develop a good knowledge of client’s products and services
- Attend client presentations and reviews
- Assist with the coordination of client entertaining where necessary
- Prepare TM and client specific preferred supplier reports
- Prepare and manage team budget
- Liaise with the Account Director on a regular basis
- Carry out any reasonable request made by the Head of Venue Find Operations-UK or Account Director
- Relevant industry event agency experience
- Extensive supplier and venue knowledge including negotiation at an account level
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Numerate and experienced at managing large budgets, preparing spreadsheets, costings, etc.
- Able to work on own initiative and as a key team member
- Experience of line management, mentoring, training and developing a team
- Ability to think at a strategic level
- Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- A’ can do’ attitude and solution orientated
- Logistics experience i.e. managing AV suppliers and menu requirements
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of leading and contributing to pitches – including excellent presentation skills
We’re pretty big on company culture here at Banks Sadler, and like to pride ourselves on being a vibrant and friendly company to work for. We are always growing, and always looking for creative, passionate and talented people. So if you’re looking for your next step then we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team, it would also be useful to know your availability and salary expectations in the first instance. This is a full time permanent position based in our London office. No recruitment agencies please!