Account Executive - Venue Find
Venue Find | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Banks Sadler is an international full service event management agency with a proven track record of delivering powerful global events services to both blue chip and SMEs.
Passionate and client focused, Banks Sadler’s multi-award winning services can be used as a single service or complete solution, we offer the full range of event and venue management services including event production, venue finding, event management, corporate travel and event software.
Operating out of London, York, Dusseldorf, Paris and New York every year we handle over 15,000 venue find bookings and 400 event management projects and save our clients an average of 31% against published prices because our £100m+ buying power means we drive down costs.
Main Purpose of the role
The Account Executive is responsible for handling all levels of enquiries within the UK (15%) and internationally (85%)
On a day to day basis the Account Executive will research enquiries, negotiate rates and added values, check contracts, monitor the client specific phone line and prepare quotations, confirmations and amendments. They will have a good understanding of currencies, taxes and be highly skilled in client and supplier liaison.
All members of the team are responsible for constantly updating their knowledge of UK and overseas venues and are encouraged to attend familiarisation trips where possible.
The Account Executive will also help guide new starters and junior staff, as well as co-ordinate general venue updates, team presentations and familiarisation trips.
- Be the main day to day contact for taking the clients’ enquiries and research suitable venues, suppliers and unusual properties
- Take on and manage complex events / road shows
- Prepare accurate venue quotations to be sent out to clients via Vision and also more detailed client proposals
- Understand and apply the correct client policies / procurement led strategies when booking an event on their behalf
- Deal with complaints at an advanced level
- Provide guidance on contract terms and conditions prior to contract signature
- Advise clients in a consultative capacity and steer them through likely requirements
- Maintain regular, effective and appropriate liaison with clients and suppliers at all times
- Drive compliance and maximise the use of client preferred hotels and rates where appropriate.
- Deliver tangible client cost savings in line with client SLA
- Develop a good knowledge on client structure / team responsibilities / market changes
- Where needed produce more creative and visual PowerPoint and Excel proposals
- Produce regular updates outlining new venue openings/ refurbs/ team site visits (PowerPoint)
- Regularly meet with new clients to discuss Banks Sadler services as well as attend meetings clients to discuss venue options and opportunities
- Assisting the onsite events team with the day-to-day operation of projects and events, concentrating on the venue side of the event
- Venue research based on client requirements and needs
- Ability to speak knowledgeably and confidently to senior stakeholders within client team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage relationship between event management team and venue sourcing team and work closely together
- Actively seeking out new and unused venues suitable for events organised by this client account
- Site visits of new and unused venues/reporting back to key stakeholders with benefits/drawbacks of options requested
- Liaison with hotel to negotiate best rates, added value and preferred terms
- Contract management
- Actively encourage new bookers to utilise our services
- Excellent knowledge of both International hotel groups and independent hotels
- Address complaints at an advanced level
- Constantly improve knowledge of venues
- Release any unwanted event space and maintain up to date records on all working files
- Answer telephone calls with priority and to take and pass on messages as required
- Liaise with the Team Manager / Deputy Team Manager on a daily basis, to report on work in hand and its progress through the day
- Assist with brainstorming new and innovative event ideas
- Assist with reports
- Updating the client database using onsite systems to increase accuracy
Skills and background required
- At least 2 - 3 years relevant experience in the industry
- Client facing experience, with some experience of up-selling
- Excellent and proven negotiation skills, attention to detail, communication, numeracy and accuracy skills
- Excellent overseas and UK venue knowledge
- Excellent keyboard and computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook) and ability to pick up new systems (as well as training others)
- Solutions orientated with first class customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Team player, as well as able to work using own initiative
- Ability to follow set processes and procedures as well as work on own initiative and also as a key team member
- Flexible regarding working hours and willingness to travel in UK
Send us your CV with a covering letter, telling us why you are right for Banks Sadler. Look at the responsibilities and requirements listed above and tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. This is a full time position based in our London office. Salary dependent on experience, please let us know your expectations. No recruitment agencies please!