Professional Services | Redwood City, CA
Badgeville’s Curriculum Developer for Enablement Services oversees the development, design, and delivery of classroom and online courses for our employees, partners, and customer community. He/she analyzes knowledge gaps, including new product releases and positioning, and design training programs that addresses the needs of Badgeville employees, partners and clients. Programs will include course architecture, content design and development, appropriate delivery methods, and measurement techniques. The Curriculum Developer for Enablement Services will work with subject-matter experts across the company, Curriculum Architects, and instructors to build courses that meet clearly defined learning objectives, reach multiple audiences, take advantage of learning technologies, and build powerful learning solutions that combine solid design, rapid development, and creative delivery.
- Assess training requirements for various roles and design training plan to meet these requirements
- Architect full training solution/programs, leveraging existing content where possible
- Present training solutions, program architecture, and project timeline/resource requirements to stakeholders to gain alignment and buy-in
- Develop course content for instructor led classroom and web-delivered training. Work with instructors to ensure successful delivery by a worldwide instructor team. Monitor the ongoing success of training through reports, surveys and assessments.
- Produce quality course material including: design documents, student materials, presentation slides, instructor guides, job aids, lab instructions and workbooks, assessments and certification questions, lab setup guides and course descriptions using the salesforce.com standard development process and templates.
- Provide program status updates to stakeholders and Executives regarding program successes, risks, and milestones
- Support development of certification program where appropriate Specify and build media-appropriate training (WBT, e-learning, recorded training) that fits the delivery requirements of a mobile workforce with limited time availability
- Innovate new methods to deliver content that sets new standards
- Plan maintenance cycles and resource requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders in developing Premier Training offerings. Develop collateral and training material for internal resources in selling Badgeville Training offerings.
Leadership and Coaching
- Fosters a trust-based environment, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Provides the team with a vision of department goals, projects, and initiatives.
- Motivates and inspires; coaches and develops team members
- Leads by setting a good example
- Facilitates problem solving and collaboration with all departments; helps resolve conflict.
- Ensures that team members have the necessary resources and training to conduct their jobs.
- Recognizes and celebrates team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance; participates in employee reviews.
- Provides thought leadership in supporting the needs of all Badgeville Clients – is an advocate for team structure, resources, product enhancements, the development of new curriculum (paid vs. basic) that will enable us to better serve and retain our client base.
Aligning the Team
- Helps direct manager keep team focused and on track.
- Familiarizes the team with internal and external customer needs, team metrics and goals performance standards, as well as policies and procedures.
- Assures the team meets/exceeds all content and delivery goals; effectively works with team members in reaching team and individual goals.
- Initiates sub-groups or sub-teams as appropriate to resolve issues – works collaboratively to identify process and/or workflow improvement.
Communication and Direction
- Provides status report of all team activities. Creates and maintains Dashboards and Reports in SFDC.
- Keeps management informed of team goals and metrics, issues, and status on all projects.
- Serves as a focal point to communicate and resolve issues with other teams (Sales, Support, Engineering, QA, Product, and Marketing).
- Provides guidance to the team based on management direction
- University degree with 1-5 years of Software training and/or curriculum development experience within the Software industry, preferably SaaS or social media
- Previous personnel experience
- Excellent writing and instructional design skills.
- Ability to analyze complex training challenges and present sound, competent educational solutions
- Record of effective collaboration in working with product development organizations, as well as internal technical support, services and other customer facing resources.
- Ability to perform all phases of curriculum development (research, planning, writing, organizing, managing, review cycles)
- Experience designing and developing successful instructor led courses.
- Track record of innovation in developing training solutions with a portfolio of projects for various audiences.
- Experience managing cross-functional course development projects including scoping resource and timeline requirements and driving project plans.
- Use of modern learning technologies to deliver content (elearning, rapid content development, virtual classroom)
- Proven ability to meet project timelines with quality results
- Strong initiative and positive attitude
- A passion for social media and desire to keep up-to-date on trends, best practices and technologies as they relate to social loyalty and gamification
- Very strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, collaborative, and creative in approach to solving issues
- Tenacious and driven, with the desire to succeed both individually as well as a team
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Professional, organized, and efficient