Accounting | Salt Lake City, UT
At BackOps we get it done! BackOps is transforming the way SMBs manage their day to day back office tasks. We are getting rid of paper and putting valuable time back into our customers’ hands by creating tools to automate accounting, finance and human resources. In short, we are here to make our customers fall in love with their back office.
A Controller with BackOps will oversee the accounting for multiple small to medium sized investment management companies. You will report to the Director of Accounting and assign & audit the work of one or more Bookkeepers. You will use best-in-class online tools integrated with the accounting software to record transactions, issue invoices, and generate reporting.
You will work closely with your Client CEOs and provide them with accurate and timely reports and fulfill their accounting and financial needs as follows:
- Issue timely and complete monthly close and financial statements
- Ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed
- Issue weekly management reporting dashboard
- Perform and monitor day-to-day accounting functions
- Ensure that all payments are made on a timely basis
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
Focused Skill Set:
BackOps is looking for Controllers with the below expertise. Please clarify your specialty when you submit your resume.
- operational corporate tax knowledge
- fund accounting experience
- medical accounting experience
- non-profit accounting experience
Desired Skills & Experience:
- CPA certification and Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; Must have 5 years of hands-on accounting and people management experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, income tax and banking required
- Must be savvy in cloud and desktop accounting programs with advanced Excel skills
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and interest in working remotely
- Ability to thrive and collaborate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
What makes us different?
First and foremost, we have a strong social mission. We are empowering women in the workplace by proving that motherhood and a career is compatible. And our crowd-sourced workforce of stay at home moms is living proof of that…
Then there is the fact that our clients hug us. Really. We make a thankless task a little less thankless and they love us for it!
If that isn’t enough, we are building real products for very real businesses. We provide them with mission critical applications to ensure that they stay in business and continue to thrive.
Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K