Web Developer (PT/FT)
Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Web Developer (PT/FT)
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The marketing team in Backbase in Amsterdam consists of 3 people managed by the Marketing Manager. Main goal of the marketing team is lead generation and brand awareness. Also the marketing team is working and experimenting with our online offerings and community, moving more and more of our activities online and in the cloud.
Do you have a passion for great UI interfaces in complex, business-critical web applications? Do you get a kick out of guiding customers to the best technical choices? Do you enjoy delivering crisp interfaces with top notch-quality? Do you love being part of a team that wins new deals, and transforms prospects to customers? Then you might be in for the experience of your (developer-) life!
As a Web Developer at Backbase in Amsterdam you will be part of the marketing team, working on demo’s and product presentations and also building and being part of our core community team. In the community team you build and maintain the Backbase online community where (potential) customers can try out and download portal software and use this software in the cloud.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as a Web developer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Experience as a Web Developer;
- Master in cross-browser compatibility issues;
- Good understanding of Object Oriented architecture;
- Some experience in Java is desirable;
- Experience with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of Ajax software;
- Quality driven & pixel-perfect focused;
- Experience with automated testing of frontend deliverables is a plus (e.g. Selenium);
- Startup / web-app experience is a plus;
- Understanding and experience on architecture design patterns is an advantage;
- Able to mentor junior colleagues and guide customers;
- You possess excellent communicative skills in English and preferably also in Dutch;
- Ability to present to audience’s and being a team player;
- Understands the web, is online active, knows startups and their culture and willing to change the way things work;
- Not afraid of chaos but also being cool and structured - delivery is key.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, drinks, fruit, cookies, candy
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Senior Global Recruiter) at 020 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com