Professional Services | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Visual Designer
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
The Visual Designer is part of Backbase’s Expert Services Team in Amsterdam.
As Visual Designer you work across functional groups to design end-to-end user experience from the ground up. You define user task flows and intuitive design concepts that promote usability and optimize user experience. You will craft site maps and mokcups to effectively communicate design ideas. You will create actionable, research-based design recommendations.
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree in Grahic Design or related field;
- 3+ years experience in designing beautiful, engaging user experiences for desktop, web and mobiel devices (iPhone, iPad, Android) ;
- Well-versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals;
- Ability to visualize, own and execute the creation of an experience from inital conception to collaboration with engineers on implementation;
- Must be able to rendering gorgeous visuals - anything ranging from content layout to form elements and textures.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator in particular);
- Ability to deliver solid designs on a tight deadline;
- Expert eye for pixel perfect detail and consistency, no detail is too small or insignificant;
- Comfortable with an interactive design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism;
- self-motivated with the ability to work independently;
- Excellent collaborative skills;
- Easy-going, fun and shouldn't take yourself too seriously and must be able to articulate/ communicate visual design choices.
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Online portfolio is a must
What we'd like you to have:
- Mastery of the principals of design, color theory and graphics file creation optimized for the web;
- Demonstrated expertise in designing usable mobile and web-based interfaces;
- The right balance between analytical decision making and design hunches;
- Ability to quickly prototype wireframes or high fidelity mocks;
- creative solutions-driven mind set with a "getting things done" attitude.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks, fruit
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman (Sr. Recruiter) at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com