Products | New York, NY | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | UX/UI Designer
We are Backbase
Financials want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but in today’s Web 2.0 World, legacy banking systems struggle to keep pace. Backbase helps financials to create a new user experience layer on top of their existing systems that combines content, data and functionality from different underlying systems into fresh customer dialogs. Backbase’s white-label Bank 2.0 Portal software enables financials to deliver next-generation online banking services across multiple devices (including tablets and smart phones), and turns their online channel into a true customer experience platform. Backbase helps financial organizations to re-use their existing systems, and enter the era of 'Engagement Banking' where they manage and optimize their online customer experiences and grow revenue and loyalty.
- We get things done
- We do more with less
- We believe in great design
- We are easy to do business with
- Together we make it work
The UX/UI Designer is As a full member of the Portal Applications team, this team is part of R&D.
As a UX/UI Designer in our New York offices you will work in a compact agile team to deliver the next generation user interfaces on top of the Backbase Portal product suite and User Experience Platform.
The role requires a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and best practices, along with an understanding of how visual and interaction design work together to create a world-class user experience on top of our products.
The UX/UI designer we are looking for is a self-starter and a fast learner who understands the importance of collaboration and iteration. This candidate must be a visual communicator and considers him/herself to be a great facilitator. A successful candidate will have a mastery of user flows, usability, interactions and UI design.
- 3 years+ designing UX and UI experiences on either B2C or B2B web based business applications that delight business users and marketers at our customers (sorry, web design does not count for experience);
- Solve complex interaction problems, making our advanced technology easy to use and drive our products forward;
- Co-lead and constantly inspire the development of new products and initiatives;
- Map, wireframe, and mockup new features and products.
- Strong knowledge of UX processes and methodology;
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, decisions, and reasoning to your technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders;
- Work organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, act independently, and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, as part of a highly collaborative team;
- Knowledge of (emerging) user interface guidelines and best practices for web and mobile technologies;
- Recognition that great design is more about solving problems than painting pretty pictures
- Great eye for detail;
- A solid understanding of modern web technologies and interaction patterns;
- A strong portfolio demonstrating real-world experience creating superb user-experiences;
- Self-teaching. If you don’t know how to do something you figure it out;
- Solid Adobe CS skills and experience with one or more UX design tools, such as Axure and OmniGraffle.
- You love to work in an international environment;
- A fancy degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
Backbase offers a comprehensive Benefits Package through our Human Resources partner TriNet. Employee benefits includes a substantial number of Health Care policy options; Dental and Vision Insurance; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; 4% Matching 401k plan; Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Paid time off. Backbase coverage is substantial while in addition Backbase, through TriNet, is able to provide the employees with a wide variety of offerings for the employee to custom design benefits that work best for themselves and their families.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: recruitment(at)backbase.com