Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | UX/UI Designer
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience portal. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The UX/UI Designer is As a full member of the Portal Applications team, this team is part of R&D.
As a UX/UI Designer in our Amsterdam office you will work in a compact agile team to deliver the next generation user interfaces on top of the Backbase Portal product suite and User Experience Platform.
The role requires a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and best practices, along with an understanding of how visual and interaction design work together to create a world-class user experience on top of our products.
The UX/UI designer we are looking for is a self-starter and a fast learner who understands the importance of collaboration and iteration. This candidate must be a visual communicator and considers him/herself to be a great facilitator. A successful candidate will have a mastery of user flows, usability, interactions and UI design.
- 5 years+ designing UX and UI experiences on either B2C or B2B web based business applications that delight business users and marketers at our customers (sorry, web design does not count for experience);
- Solve complex interaction problems, making our advanced technology easy to use and drive our products forward;
- Co-lead and constantly inspire the development of new products and initiatives;
- Map, wireframe, and mockup new features and products.
- Strong knowledge of UX processes and methodology;
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, decisions, and reasoning to your technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders;
- Work organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, act independently, and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, as part of a highly collaborative team;
- Knowledge of (emerging) user interface guidelines and best practices for web and mobile technologies;
- Recognition that great design is more about solving problems than painting pretty pictures
- Great eye for detail;
- A solid understanding of modern web technologies and interaction patterns;
- A strong portfolio demonstrating real-world experience creating superb user-experiences;
- Self-teaching. If you don’t know how to do something you figure it out;
- Solid Adobe CS skills and experience with one or more UX design tools, such as Axure and OmniGraffle.
- You love to work in an international environment;
- A fancy degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks, fruit;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting: [[redacted]]