Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Tools Engineer
We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world: Amsterdam (headquarters) or New York City (North American office).
Your assist both the R&D and Professional Services Team.
Your core responsibility is to assist both the R&D and Professional Services department with release engineering of products and projects. You will work closely with the Sr. System Engineer to maintain and expand the development tools and infrastructure.
For customer projects you will assist the Project Managers with release management and setup the appropriate development environment to support the consultants. For R&D product development, you will assist the QA Manager in release engineering, (automated) product testing and supporting the development tools.
This results in the following main activities:
- Setup and maintenance of the development tools (JIRA / Subversion / Hudson / Artifactory);
- Setup and maintenance of the Maven build configuration and custom plugins;
- Maintenance of the legacy ANT build scripts;
- Setup and maintenance of Application and / or Database Servers;
- Setup and maintenance of (virtual) project development environments;
- Creating and/or maintaining (custom) tools to automate testing and releasing.
You will be working in an environment where you:
- Are part of a group of talented and passionate people;
- Are part of a growing and ambitious company were you can explore your abilities;
- Work with national and international top-tier clients;
- Work in a demanding though comfortable atmosphere.
We consider candidates with various backgrounds, but the following experience is required:
- > 5 yrs experience with tools engineering tasks in a professional environment;
- A hands-on and proactive mentality;
- Proven experience and knowledge in Apache ANT and/or Apache Maven;
- Proven experience and knowledge in application management / deployment;
- Proven experience and knowledge of release and QA processes;
- Experience with website hosting (Apache Http Server / Apache Tomcat / MySQL);
- Strong communication skills and a client facing pro-active attitude;
- Hands-on experience with JSP and J2EE is a plus;
- Hands-on experience with LDAP authentication is a plus;
- Proven experience and knowledge of XEN virtualization is a plus;
- Hands-on experience with multiple Java Application Containers (Tomcat / Oracle AS / WebLogic / GlassFish) is a definite plus;
- Hands-on experience with multiple Database Servers (MSSQL 2000 – 2008 / MySQL / Oracle 10g / DB2) is a definite plus.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- Potential International career opportunities (USA)
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com