Technical Pre-sales Developer
Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Technical Pre-sales Developer
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience portal. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
Are you interested in being a part of one of the most exciting sales teams at Backbase? At Backbase you will be working with some of the most prestigious customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa, explaining how the Backbase technology can help them solve their business or technology challenges. Backbase next generation portal software offers a modern and cutting edge Customer Engagement platform that helps large enterprises to optimize their online customer interactions.
We are seeking for a highly motivated Technical Pre-Sales Developer who will be supporting multiple pre-sales cycles and contribute to structurally improving Backbase ’s presales assets (e.g. samples, product demo’s).
The roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Development of demos and technical presentations;
- Widget development;
- Execution of Proof of Concepts & Prototyping;
- Technical solutions mapping & implementation approach;
- Hardware sizing;
- Creating re-usable presales assets (e.g. code, demos, RFP responses);
- Provide feedback to Backbase product management (roadmap input based on customer requirements);
- Assisting Account Managers in closing deal.
The ideal candidate must be able to articulate the business value of Backbase software and position it in competitive scenarios. In details the desired qualifications are:
- Pre-sales (full presales cycle) - is a plus;
- Willingness to see the world! (min. 30%);
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English;
- Basic Java knowledge;
- nice to have: experience in defining enterprise software architectures (addressing topics like security, scalability deployment, performance and risk management);
- nice to have: Hands-on experience on integration scenarios with various back-end systems (e.g. CMS, CRM, ESB, BPM, etc);
- Experience with application integration (SOA) is preferred;
- Detailed knowledge of web technologies;
- Have an strong eye and passion for crispy web 2.0 modern application design, user experience.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch, drinks, cookies, candy, fruit
- Potential International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: eveliese(at)backbase.com