Strategic Partner Alliance Manager, EMEA
Sales | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Strategic Partner Alliance Manager, EMEA
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
Backbase is seeking a Strategic Partner Alliance Manager to build and nurture strong business relationships with our strategic System Integration (SI) partners across EMEA. We are looking for someone who is result-driven, high-energy, commercially savvy, and who thrives in a fast-paced ever-changing environment. The role will provide autonomy and the opportunity to influence and impact Backbase’s growth at a high-level. You are part of the EMEA sales team and report to the EMEA VP of sales.
Your strategic objectives are:
1. Increase Sales: create and implement on-going co-marketing and partner education programs. Balancing between educating the relevant commercial staff within the SI’s for the long haul, and ensuring revenue targets are achieved in the short and midterm.
2. Building Centers of Excellence: streamline the development of Centers of Excellence within our Strategic System Integrators (globally and regionally). Backbase certified implementation experts are in high-demand and your goal is to work with partners to create pools of high-quality implementation experts, which can assist Backbase customers.
On a day-to-day level you will be responsible for:
- Facilitating executive alignment and joint regional sales alignment with the goal to increase joint sales results.
- Planning and execution of co-marketing campaigns, deeply integrating Backbase within the partner’s Go To Market (GTM) initiatives;
- Evangelizing Backbase solutions, planning and execution of sales training and regular partner sales update sessions;
- Supporting and monitoring joint sales cycles with Partners sales team;
- Screening & qualification procedure of potential new partners, carefully selecting the right ones;
- Formalizing partner agreements (with support from Backbase legal counsler);
- Building solid number of Backbase Partner competence centers and certified resources (with the support from Backbase Experts Services team);
- Minimum of 6 years of international partner alliance management with SI’s;
- A strong record of building and maintaining successful SI relationships and exceeding joint sales goals;
- Experience in collaborating with software field sales teams, eliminating friction and aligning joint efforts with partners;
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities;
- The ability to clarify and summarize complex issues, effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management (within SI Partner and Backbase organization).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with e-Business / Customer Experience / Digital Marketing or Digital Banking software is plus;
- Technical undergraduate degree a plus, MBA another plus!
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com