Sr Project Consultant UK
Professional Services | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Web Project Manager
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Customer Experience Platform (CXP) combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and provides a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 200 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in some of the world’s most vibrant cities, including: London, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The Web Project Manager is part of the Expert Services (ES) team. ES is a team of specialist with the right level of skills and experience to make sure that our product is implemented successfully at our customers. Our team provides expertise for the delivery of web solution using Backbase products for browser based applications and also mobile web applications.
Senior Consultants in their specialist field will work with partners and customers to ensure our customers successfully achieve their goals. This will mean you will develop, teach, support and lead teams in delivering enterprise solutions.
Additionally ES provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners. You will report to the Operations Manager ES.
This is a combined role where you will be expected to manage the relationship with the customer and the Backbase Team(s) during the project lifecycle, you will be the main point of contact. You will fulfill an important role supporting and advising clients with implementing their online applications using Backbase Solution to its full potential.
You will be expected to:
- Initiate projects like Proof of concepts/Pilots and implementations;
- Manage the projects in a structured and professional manner according to the selective methodology and report on the status of the project weekly internally and externally;
- Quickly understand the situation and the needs of the client and be able to translate them into viable solutions using Backbase tools;
- Coordinate, supervise, and be the strategist for the projects from beginning till end;
- Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement changes;
- Collaborate and bridge the gap between the creative team, marketing, business and the technical teams of the client and Backbase;
- Be an effective communicator and organizer;
- Become hands on when required to use the Backbase solutions.
Most project work is done at the Backbase office in London; however, some project executions are at the client site. Therefore, since our product is sold worldwide, it is possible you have to travel abroad for periods ranging from a few days up to a few weeks in order to manage the interests of the project.
You are not a technical expert however, nor are you illiterate in information technology. You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels within the client organisation in an empathic and considerate way. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are a must.
- Bachelor, Masters-level or University degree, preferably business or IT related;
- More than 7 years experience as a Project Manager in a client facing position;
- Have managed projects from end to end;
- Experience managing web based international projects;
- Experienced in modern methodologies (Agile/SCRUM);
- Experience with online strategy and complex problem solving;
- Strong consultancy skills, analytical and communications skills;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English ;
- Flexibility regarding work location, and a willingness to travel abroad frequently;
- European passport.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wil Wernars at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wil(at)backbase.com