Sr. Product Manager - Portal & WCM
Products | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Backbase is hiring | Sr. Product Manager - Portal & WCM
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience portal. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
The senior Product Manager – Portal & WCM will be part of our Products team and report to our VP Products.
The senior Product Manager - Portal & WCM drives the roadmap of the Backbase Portal & WCM modules - part of the Backbase Customer Experience Portal software.
- Translate Portal and WCM technology trends and customer needs into product specifications, backlogs and define the best implementation strategy together with development teams;
- Create roadmap and closely work together with development manager to meet business needs and deliver within the agreed time frame;
- Work closely with Product Marketing team on core positioning and messaging;
- Run beta and pilot programs with Early Adapter versions of products and samples;
- Interact with customers to truly understand their needs, explain product vision and roadmap;
- Release-based knowledge transfer to all stakeholders including customers;
- Act as a product leader within the company.
The ideal candidate will match the following requirements:
- 10+ years domain expertise in at least two of the following software categories: Web Content Management, Web Experience Management, Portal platforms, Enterprise Application Integration platforms and Mobile Applications Platforms;
- Demonstrated success defining and delivering "game changing" software products strategies, maximizing the productivity of your R&D teams;
- Experience with User Experience / User Centered Design;
- Visionary with the ability to deliver business critical web products;
- Technical background (MSc), with software design / development experience and knowledge of non-functional requirements related to enterprise software;
- Excellent stakeholder communication and presentation skills.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free lunch
- International career opportunities
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Wouter Koeleman at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: wouter(at)backbase.com